[SOLVED] RTX Purchase?

Oct 12, 2019
Hey,

I am considering buying the RTX 2080 Ti, I have had pretty good experience with MSI and heard their fans are pretty good when it comes to cooling. My current GPU is R9 390X OC from MSI and I am overheating pretty frequently when it comes to gaming and drop rates are not on comfortable level either when I try to play few of the newest game titles such as BFV and I would also like to prepare to play Cyberpunk and Dying Light 2 with full immersion.

I am considering to buy MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GAMING X TRIO

Link: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi...o-11gb-gddr6-vr-ready-graphics-card-4352-core

Also I would like to probably buy a water cooling for the new GPU.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks!

Solution
I'll take the Gamers Nexus line on this. If you're intending to custom water cool your graphics card then get the graphics card with the best PCB. The AIB partner's cooling solution for the graphics card is essentially pointless in this case; you'd be paying for something you're not using.

Not sure which RTX 2080ti has the best PCB and worst cooling solution though....
I'll take the Gamers Nexus line on this. If you're intending to custom water cool your graphics card then get the graphics card with the best PCB. The AIB partner's cooling solution for the graphics card is essentially pointless in this case; you'd be paying for something you're not using.

Not sure which RTX 2080ti has the best PCB and worst cooling solution though....

Solution

Cioby

Distinguished
I don't know if the Ray tracing bonus is worth the cost, I am waiting for the new generation since I won't pay half the price for RT and the rest for the card.
Secondly you may not need a water cooler for a good Nvidia card, I am still using air cooling and have been on all Ti cards, even overclocked I never pass 85. But that's also your choice. Since you seem to have money to waste, why not just get a pre-made water cooled card and cut out the middle man?

Honestly considering the games you named, you may not be able to play them at max 4K or 1440p 144 fps.
I am barely running Witcher 3 and Dying Light 1 at 4K max settings 53-57 fps and 60-70 fps with a 1080ti. But it depends if they actually fix their performance issues, cause let's face it, both previous games have them.

Oct 12, 2019
I am planning to have a GPU for at least next 4-6 years without worrying about the temperature, without having to adjust my graphic settings constantly to avoid frame rate issues and such.

I plan to play on 1920x1080 with 144Hz

Currently I am running on R9 390X OC from MSI, I9-9900K and Corsair 1000RM PSU

Also my current GPU is overheating often when it comes to games even like Starcraft II on max settings (never had that issue before) whereas BF V runs on ultra without issues.

However I want to also prepare for the Cyberpunk, Dying Light 2 and all upcoming games and enjoy them on best settings or high enough to satisfy my eye.