[SOLVED] RTX VR + HDMI Not Detected!

rangafromtonga

Commendable
Oct 25, 2017
I recently got the Oculus Rift CV1 I think model, and I have been having trouble with getting the hdmi cable to be detected. I gathered some research and I believe with my new RTX 2070 Xtreme, I cannot use the HDMI port for VR, as I must get some sort of usb + hdmi to usb c dongle or something. Am I correct? If so are there any cheap but good ones I can get? I am in Australia. Cheers!
unknown.png

Solution
In theory, that should be fine. I would try disconnecting your HDTV just to see if you can get an image for your Rift. If you do, then I would try connecting the Rift to "A2" and the HDTV to "C" to see if that will work.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
In theory, that should be fine. I would try disconnecting your HDTV just to see if you can get an image for your Rift. If you do, then I would try connecting the Rift to "A2" and the HDTV to "C" to see if that will work.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Oct 15, 2019
I tried the tv in another port but didn't seem to display but this was on the fly and didn't reboot.
Will try again this evening and see how I go.

Might need to get a usb-c to hdmi adaptor

Based on the information on that page, it looks like an adapter shouldn't be necessary if everything is working correctly. The card should provide either 3 HDMI and 1 DP, or 3 DP and 1 HDMI depending on which cables are plugged in. They describe the feature a bit more about halfway down the page. It sounds like you may need to reboot the system for the active connections to get detected though.

Oct 15, 2019
Ok guys, first off, thank you for your help and keeping me sane.
Got it to work by putting my hdtv hdmi in c and rift in a2.

Will still get a usb-c adapter as have all of a sudden had a tracking issue, but should be an easy fix.

Oct 15, 2019

-Wolf sends

Ths did the trick.
Thank you for all of your help

Oct 15, 2019
I recently got the Oculus Rift CV1 I think model, and I have been having trouble with getting the hdmi cable to be detected. I gathered some research and I believe with my new RTX 2070 Xtreme, I cannot use the HDMI port for VR, as I must get some sort of usb + hdmi to usb c dongle or something. Am I correct? If so are there any cheap but good ones I can get? I am in Australia. Cheers!
unknown.png
did you end up getting yours working ok Ranga?

TRENDING THREADS