Question RTX2060 Rog Strix: TOTAL FREEZE OF THE HEART

Nanakji

Commendable
Sep 15, 2016
Dear TH Community, I have encountered two major issues while using this card (my specs at the end, also notice I have all drivers, BIOS and Windows with latest updates):

Issue 1Playing with 2 monitors:
Overwatch, The Division 2: "rendering device has been lost" screen freezes but you can minimize and keep using the PC even though it feels laggy and kind of unresponsive. Finally, you have to restart manually (the restart option from Windows menu doesn't work when this happens).

Workaround: Play with only 1 monitor.

Fix: I tried changing TDR values but it didn't work. Changing values inside the game, Nvidia Control Panel, etc, etc, doesn't work for me. Turning off the led lights of the headset also doesn't work.

After a time, the Nvidia 431.6 driver came with the latest Windows 10 patch (build 18362), and also the GitHub update (there have been 2 updates between July and August if I remember well). When trying to install the new 431.6 drivers I saw this error: "load vender.dll fail to load dlls. please install VGA driver" but the installation continued with no problems.

Then the following Issue began to happen:

Issue 2Playing with only 1 monitor (which solved the issue 1 described above):

Overwatch, The Division, Apex Legends: Total freeze of the screen but also the whole PC because you can't minimize or do anything (mouse and keyboard don't work).

Workaround: There is none so far but restart manually.

Fix: I have found no fix to this issue. I have tried DDU, also uninstalling HD Nvidia Audio Drivers, playing with led lights off in the headset. Uninstalling GPU Tweak II also doesn't work. Nothing works for me so far! seems my only hope is to format and install windows from scrap :(
Recommendations that didn't Work: Uninstall HD Audio Drivers, Uninstall GPU Tweak II, change TDR values. Weird behavior noticed: When the total freeze happens, I have to reboot by pressing the ON-OFF button, but when the reboot begins by this method, the vents and system idles for a second, then continues with the reboot and spinning of the vents. If you reboot via windows, nothing of this happens.

FIXload vender.dll fail to load dlls. please install VGA driverFIX: Just had to uninstall GPU Tweak 2, DDU and reinstall Nvidia drivers: no error message while installing new Nvidia Driver. Then install the latest version of GPU tweak 2, or not, is up to you. It seems this Asus app is failing after the latest Nvidia driver. Can't say for sure if this software has to do with anything so far.

NOTE: I have to say that the vents and temperatures remain stable in the whole process. But here are my idle and gaming temps which have been constant as same as the voltages:
*Idle:
-CPU: 33C° to 36C°
-GPU: Using GPU Tweak no silent profile: 32 to 34°C. Silent profile: 44°C
*Gaming:
-CPU:
52 to 64C°
-GPU: No more than 62°C even with vents at half speed

As you can see everything seems to be normal. The PCI cables are connected as the one at the far right in the image attached (I read an article describing that Focus and other PSUs were under providing watts to the GPUs so a major failure could come in the near future for our beloved GPUs, so you need to make sure you have two PCI cables connected to provide full wattage as described in image with green ticks)

My Guessings and blind suppositions:
-Could it be the GHub latest update? Can't tell because before the 22866 version the Issue 1 was already happening. In such a case, Ghub could be part of Issue 2?
-I can't really tell if GPU Tweak II has something to do. Maybe the dll error it is only a separated issue because with or without that software
-How can I diagnose if it is a Hardware issue which I hope it is not!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING GUYS! HOPE THIS ALSO CONTRIBUTES TO OTHERS HAVING SIMILAR ISSUES!
===
Specs:RTX2060 Asus Rog Strix OC6
I58400 2.4 GHZ (runs at 3898 MHZ max)
16GB Ram, dual channel
PRIME Z370-P
Focus 80 Gold, 650W
Logitech G633 headset
Logitech G403 Gaming Mouse
XMP Profile #1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS