RTX2070OC Gigabyte vbios

Feb 11, 2019
Hi I'm just wondering about differences of gigabyte vbios for my card, right now I have F5 so as I suppose in my case I should use F6, but in manual I see that if I have bios F1 I should use vbios F2~F9.
I'm not trying to update my vbios because it is stable but I'm just wondering which vbios will be ok for my card F6 or F8 or maybe if I would like to upgrade vbios I should upgrade it from F5 to F6 and after that to F8 ?

Feb 11, 2019
yep I agree with you but maybe in future I will need to do it or maybe someone else need to do that and I', wondering what is the best way I can't find answer at gigabyte page nothing. From my perspective it looks like that process looks like that F5--->F6--->F8 but is it correct point of view ?

no, you just upload the one vbios you want to have. If the manufacturer updated their vbios and are providing you with several, you just use the latest one.

Gigabyte clearly states: "F8: For F1~F7 BIOS flash". Which means F8 bios update is for a card running any bios from F1 to F7. You should just update with F8