[SOLVED] [RTX2070S + Ryzen 5 3600] -- stuttering and FPS drops in every game ?

May 30, 2021
Specs:
Gigabyte RTX 2070S (default settings) (40-50 idle and 60-70 on high loads)
Ryzen 5 3600 (auto oc) (40 idle and ~70 on high load)
ASUS Crosshair VI Hero mobo
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 3200mhz (3600mhz oc with xmp)
PSU 650W
Dual monitor setup full hd 144 DP + 60 HDMI

PC worked perfectly fine from the moment I built it, but for 2-3 weeks in this month had to stop playing games because of exams. Used it only to write texts and browsing internet for 3 weeks. Couple days ago tried to play CSGO and saw stutterings and fps dropped from 300-400 to 60-80! After that I updated GPU drivers and BIOS but problem didn't solve. Tested some other games and stutterings and frs drops problems are in almost every game. Before that games used to work perfectly fine with no drops whatsoever. Tried DDU and reinstalling audio, usb and other drivers, didn't help either.

Last edited:
You OCd the ram more than the XMP/DOCP profile. Try reverting all OC and see if it performs better.

The other thing that may caused an issue is some notorious windows update. See if you had any updates while you stopped playing and uninstall them. If it remains the same, install again.

If those fail, I suspect a faulty hardware.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
I'm suspecting the infamous windows update. Slot of people had stuttering issues. If nothing changed since then and you actually updated both drivers and bios, it's most likely windows. Try to use an even previous version of the graphics drivers? It's most likely not that but it's something you can easily and quickly try.

May 30, 2021
Thanks, for replies
You OCd the ram more than the XMP/DOCP profile. Try reverting all OC and see if it performs better.

The other thing that may caused an issue is some twindows update. See if you had any updates while you stopped playing and uninstall them. If it remains the same, install again.

If those fail, I suspect a faulty hardware.
Yesterday tried setting default ram oc. Stuttering, frame drops stayed and overall pc performance dropped. Then changed to previous oc settings.

I'm suspecting the infamous windows update. Slot of people had stuttering issues. If nothing changed since then and you actually updated both drivers and bios, it's most likely windows. Try to use an even previous version of the graphics drivers? It's most likely not that but it's something you can easily and quickly try.
Tried 466.27 (04/21/2021) drivers and 466.55 hotfix drivers (05/25/2021 ), nothing changed, installed latest stable 466.47 back again.

edit: what windows update is exactly causing problems? My windows version right now is 21H1.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021
Then im afraid either a rollback to a previous windows version or a clean install of it might solve the issue.
Rolled back from 21H1 to 20H1 and deleted minor updates installed in this month. Well, it did something, CSGO has now between 150 and 250 but still with fps drops and stutters.

edit: games with higher system requirments still stuttering, GPU spiking

Last edited: