[SOLVED] RTX2080ti not detected

pluto777

Reputable
Jul 21, 2016
I changed my GTX980 for MSI RTX2080ti, but motherboad does not detect card in device mngr. All leds on GPU are on. Updated W10 updated Bios, nothing seems to help. Got advise to run geforce/drivers, but attempt to install driver 445.75 gives message: no compatible card found, any help pse ?

Solution
Shouldn't matter though I think. I mean the PC doesn't even detect it in device manager and even if I would plug the monitor with the Mobo it still HAD to show up in Device Manager.
Often if the monitor is plugged into the motherboard the BIOS will deactivate the dedicated gpu unless you change settings. Therefore no it wouldn’t show in device manager.

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
What PSU do you have? Perhaps the power is not enough (also cheap PSUs can mess with other hardware even if they have the specified Watt).

Considered that the GPU is defect itself, although I persume it's unlikely but still can happen.

Also what CPU and RAM are you running?

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
There is this guide that might help you.
https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-nvidia-graphics-card-not-showing-device-manager/

Also I had sometimes issues with newer versions of drivers. Same can go to BIOS versions. Meaning if updating your BIOS version didn't help try to install a few older ones. Same goes for graphics drivers.
I myself had personal experience in which the newest drivers had issues and bugs that caused to crash one of my games until I installed an older one.

pluto777

Reputable
Jul 21, 2016
OK thx guys, but spent + 30 hrs, also swapped RTX2080 for another one and still nothing... pse any advise for changing my motherboard, it is now Z170a, Intel Skylake, i7-6700, wich new MSI board would fit (type ?) thx