[SOLVED] Rubber fan mounts?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

After some difficulties with intermittent case fan whine (especially my top front intake), and several unmounting and remounting of the fans (which are all be quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm PWM High-Speed), I came to the conclusion that I somehow screwed up the fans' mounting holes, as some screws are not tightening. This, in turn, causes vibration and that's what I'm hearing, I guess.

My case is a be quiet! Pure Base 500DX. Please take a look at the case's front fan mounting locations.

Would rubber fan mounts fix this intermittent whine? Can I use them on my case's mounting system?

What are the best rubber fan mounts I could get (preferrably on Amazon.de)?

Solution
Go to local hardware store, get a package of those dark red paper washers. The only purpose of the rubber antivibration pads is to prevent any fan vibration from traveling from hard plastic shell to metal frame. Thin paper washer does the same thing, they are used in every ceiling fan I've ever seen.

The issue with getting the rubber mounts, is that they are not universal, you'll find they are custom fit to every fan design, so the only ace with viable mounts would be beQuiet themselves unless ebay has an aftermarket fitment for the pure wings, and there's 3 variety of those.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Go to local hardware store, get a package of those dark red paper washers. The only purpose of the rubber antivibration pads is to prevent any fan vibration from traveling from hard plastic shell to metal frame. Thin paper washer does the same thing, they are used in every ceiling fan I've ever seen.

The issue with getting the rubber mounts, is that they are not universal, you'll find they are custom fit to every fan design, so the only ace with viable mounts would be beQuiet themselves unless ebay has an aftermarket fitment for the pure wings, and there's 3 variety of those.

Solution