Jul 6, 2021
Gigabyte C200 case has screw has a missing rubber around it is that safe for the glass? I have been overthinking about it and it annoys me. The screw thumbscrew is with me its not missing but the rubber around the screw house/hole (that the glass rests on from the top right spot as you can see) is missing. Is that a big deal? Here is a picture : https://ibb.co/6smrGpc

Solution
I would doubt that it would harm the glass.

Glass does not expand/contract with respect to temperature to any meaningful extent. Older glass in window panes was once thought to slowly flow downwards to where the bottom section of the pane(s) eventually became thicker. Apparently true but took years and years to happen.....

Leave as is.

Ralston18

Titan
Agree: could be annoying. However you and your attitude determine what is annoying.

What is the purpose of that missing rubber? Simply to ensure that the screw is not overly tightened to break the glass.

Not really needed if you are careful.

Otherwise just any applicably sized rubber or even plastic washer will work.

For the most part just one of those "never let form get in the way of function" situations.

Bottom line: "not a big deal."

Make your own washer from some available material. Install and forget. :)

Jul 6, 2021
Agree: could be annoying. However you and your attitude determine what is annoying.

What is the purpose of that missing rubber? Simply to ensure that the screw is not overly tightened to break the glass.

Not really needed if you are careful.

Otherwise just any applicably sized rubber or even plastic washer will work.

For the most part just one of those "never let form get in the way of function" situations.

Bottom line: "not a big deal."

Make your own washer from some available material. Install and forget. :)
My screws are never too tigthened , they are partially loose to be honest which is better so the glass isnt TIGHT to the case. Thanks for your answer but im kinda busy these days and thats why i was asking if its okay to leave it like that? Will it harm the glass?

Ralston18

Titan
I would doubt that it would harm the glass.

Glass does not expand/contract with respect to temperature to any meaningful extent. Older glass in window panes was once thought to slowly flow downwards to where the bottom section of the pane(s) eventually became thicker. Apparently true but took years and years to happen.....

Leave as is.

Solution