Ruchi Bhargava

Colif

Win 11 Master
They are a hired contractor creating Tutorials that show in the Featured area of Forums.

It is not a new thing, there were people like him who did it on the old forums as well, clearly you never noticed :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Lol never noticed, and im usually pretty observant. The blue coloured How To label stands out. I've been viewing the unanswered posts since the forum change and these suddenly popped up.

Anyhow, good work whoever they are 👍

Interesting, I came here to see if there was a way to hide all these posts. They're choking up the unanswered new posts feed and some of the lesser used forums. I tried clicking on Ruchi's name but found no option to ignore a user.

They are a hired contractor creating Tutorials that show in the Featured area of Forums.

It is not a new thing, there were people like him who did it on the old forums as well, clearly you never noticed :)

Until this day. I never noticed there was a featured area. My first fear was we would have to go through several pages of stickies to see posts in a forum.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
They're choking up the unanswered new posts feed and some of the lesser used forums.

Amen to that! I had actually reported one of these posts the first morning the flood appeared because I consider this sort of stuff spam.

I had hoped it would abate, at least somewhat, after the initial tsunami of posts, but, alas, it hasn't.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Interesting, I came here to see if there was a way to hide all these posts. They're choking up the unanswered new posts feed and some of the lesser used forums. I tried clicking on Ruchi's name but found no option to ignore a user.

I can't help you on the unanswered Threads page as it has no filters

when you go into a sub forum, click on the filter button and it will show this
HrXpj34.jpg

None of the new tutorials are counted as questions. I made sure to remove that status and lock all the threads.

if you only want questions,
choose Question Status - Only question threads

If you only want to see unanswered questions, add these to filter

Choose Answer state - Unresolved questions
CHoose Reply state - Only threads with no replies

this is the same thing posted 2 weeks ago - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...unanswered-questions-with-no-replies.3521171/

only downside to all this is no way to save filters. I mean, I saved this as my home page here - https://forums.tomshardware.com/for...r_status=unanswered&thqa_reply_state=no_reply so there is a way to save them but not on the site itself. Would be nice if they were added to the bookmarks function (refer here) or had a save filter button at the bottom of the filter window. Set as default would be nice too.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to agree. There is absolutely NO reason why a How to guide should show up in the unanswered threads feed. Unanswered assumes it is a QUESTION, and those how to guides are clearly not questions. Unfortunately, this is not something we on the moderation team have any power over.

TRENDING THREADS