[SOLVED] Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex 7782 does not reply to any ping and second one does not allow admin access

Saitech

Reputable
May 22, 2019
We have 2 of the Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex 7782's access points and one unit does not reply to any ping and the second one does not allow admin access. What can we do to solve this issue.?

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

Solution
Ruckus does not like end consumers using its stuff it appears. They have most their documentation locked behind log in.

I would suspect like many commercial AP it is designed to run with some kind of controller. Are you sure that model can even be configured with something like a web browser. I have seen many AP that can only be configured with the controller or if they do have a web interface it is only to set a IP so they can connect to the controller to do the rest of the configuration.

Your best bet is to try to find the instructions that explain how to factory reset the units. I suspect you purchased these used since they are outrageously expensive. They may still have passwords/ configurations from who ever had...
Ruckus does not like end consumers using its stuff it appears. They have most their documentation locked behind log in.

I would suspect like many commercial AP it is designed to run with some kind of controller. Are you sure that model can even be configured with something like a web browser. I have seen many AP that can only be configured with the controller or if they do have a web interface it is only to set a IP so they can connect to the controller to do the rest of the configuration.

Your best bet is to try to find the instructions that explain how to factory reset the units. I suspect you purchased these used since they are outrageously expensive. They may still have passwords/ configurations from who ever had them before.

Solution
We have 2 of the Ruckus Wireless ZoneFlex 7782's access points and one unit does not reply to any ping and the second one does not allow admin access. What can we do to solve this issue.?

Can anyone provide some suggestions?

These are most likely set up to connect to a controller, you would need to flash the stand alone firmware on to them. You can try a factory reset, the pin hole is located under the weather gland of one of the ports. Why did you buy directional APs??