Question Rufus - How to combine partitions after formatting Windows To Go USB

Jan 12, 2021
Hi,

I created a Windows To Go USB using Rufus, but after finding out that I don't really need it, I tried to format it. The result of that left me two empty partitions, one of which was 127MB, the other is the rest of the 64GB drive. Does anyone know how I would be able to combine the smaller 127MB partition with the larger partition?

USAFRet

Titan
Hi,

I created a Windows To Go USB using Rufus, but after finding out that I don't really need it, I tried to format it. The result of that left me two empty partitions, one of which was 127MB, the other is the rest of the 64GB drive. Does anyone know how I would be able to combine the smaller 127MB partition with the larger partition?
Delete both partitions, leaving one blank space.
Format as needed.

Jan 12, 2021
Delete both partitions, leaving one blank space.
Format as needed.

Thank you for the suggestion, after checking Disk Management, I wasn't able to find the smaller 127MB partition to delete for some reason. That being said, I managed to resolve the issue by using Rufus to create a Windows 10 USB using the MBR partition scheme, then formatting the USB afterwards.

Kind of a roundabout way to do it, but hope this helps anyone with the same issue.