Question Rufus & Windows 10 Bootmgr is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2021
ISO file successfully completed evetimes, But I'm getting Bootmgr error always!

I would like to do clean windows install. From the iso setup file it's not allowing me format the C drive! That's why thinking of bootable usb.

The ISO file downloaded from Microsoft website & size is 5.79GB

popatim

Titan
You don't use the iso file to install windows. You use it to create the installer media (dvd or flashdrive) {flashdrive is recommended}

I suggest using the media creation tool* to 'make' your installation media and them booting with your new media disk/flashdrive. You can delete all the partitions on the disk that has C: on it from the "Where would you like to install Windows to" screen. Be sure no other SSD's or HDD's are plugged in or Windows will write the boot files to the wrong drive. (No one knows why they chose to do this)

* https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Jan 25, 2021
Be sure no other SSD's or HDD's are plugged in

@popatim Only 1 HDD existed!

Are you sure the iso file is not corrupt? Try a different installation media

Muhamad-j1234 @Muhamad-j1234 Yes, I'm sure! Tried 2 different ISO, but both same cases!
1st try: Download ISO from TeamOS, only Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit English, size 3.63GB (Windows 10, version 20H2 (19042.789).ISO) .
I thought this one the culprit, Why should not try the official one?

Did you select to download both - 32bit and 64bit windows installs in one iso?

SkyNetRising & @Muhamad-j1234 No, Download 64bit version only, It included all Windows 10 version. During installation time they gave me choice options to install.
I've download via 24hours valid direct link by IDM (fully speed). No corrupt during or after download!

MediaCreationTool20H2.exe so slow for me.

I saw on youtube, without making bootable device peoples able to format the C drive, but why I'm not allowed to do that?

Jan 25, 2021
How exactly did you create windows installation media?
What software did you use?

Either your ISO image is invalid or you're using wrong procedure for windows installation media creation.

Rufus, YUMI-2.0.8.3.exe,WinSetupFromUSB-1-9.exe,balenaEtcher-Portable-1.5.116.exe & CMD manually How To Create Bootable USB Without Any Software In Windows 10 (Using Command Prompt)

My hard disk format is MBR.

SkyNetRising
Could you show me the right way? Hopefully, I'm not making a mistake.

Could you show me the right way? Hopefully, I'm not making a mistake.
Use rufus.

Note - installation media can be prepared for legacy install and for UEFI install.
Your system may not support UEFI. Then media prepared for UEFI will not work. You will not be able to boot it.

List full hardware specs of your system, to confirm it can use UEFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.