[SOLVED] Ruined the flash of my motherboard. RIP Bios

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
I made a stupid mistake, punched myself in the head a few times and accepted already that this motherboard is dead, luckely have a spare.

Did the flash on a msi h61m-p23 b3 , didnt work through bios so launched the file from the pc, where i messed up is that the .exe probably didn't launch from an external USB , Now it simply reboots gives 1 beep and instantly gives the message Updating bios ............ Media not found. Keyboard keys unresponsive.
Stupid stupid, can i bin it? It's an pretty old 1155, still sad . Guess my chip is corrupted, and they don't seem to be sold on alie

Solution
I think you're out of luck. And the reason there is no BIOS chip sold online is because the chip isn't socketed, it's soldered in. Might be able to glean a few bucks selling it on ebay for parts with an explanation.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
I think you're out of luck. And the reason there is no BIOS chip sold online is because the chip isn't socketed, it's soldered in. Might be able to glean a few bucks selling it on ebay for parts with an explanation.

Solution