[SOLVED] Ruizu X50 MP3 Player Not Displaying SD Card Folders By Name But Date Modified?

saucell

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2013
hey guys, i just bought the ruizu x50 mp3 player to replace my sansa clip with rockbox. the ruizu is a good replacement but the one problem im having is the "folder view" is not showing my folders of mp3 albums in order of name but instead in order of date modified. when i add a new album to the sd card it shows up on the ruizu on the bottom of the list rather than where it should fall in alphabetically.

do any of you guys have experience with the ruizu x50? anyone know how to fix my problem? thank you!

Solution
Pretty much resigned to the fact I'm stuck with cheap mp3 player with sh*tty software. Sansa clip, RIP.

After a while, random order of the files annoyed me to look for a solution one last time.

Finally found a solution in www.head-fi.org forum.

DriveSort

Apparently limited embedded OS in small mp3 players can only show the files in the order they were added!

jobz000

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
Pretty much resigned to the fact I'm stuck with cheap mp3 player with sh*tty software. Sansa clip, RIP.

After a while, random order of the files annoyed me to look for a solution one last time.

Finally found a solution in www.head-fi.org forum.

DriveSort

Apparently limited embedded OS in small mp3 players can only show the files in the order they were added!

Solution