Rumor: 6.3-inch Samsung Galaxy Note 3 May Sport 8-Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well, stylus is way more useful with a larger screen. 6.3" inch is nothing compare to the original Galaxy Tab which can also make phone call. Even hold it to make a phone call once. Can they switch the microSD slot to be accessible from the case instead of having to open up the battery? 6.3" sure is big enough space for that no?

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]panini[/nom]I still don't get why we need 8 cores when no app on my phone even utilizes 4 cores.[/citation]
Because you can run 4 apps at the same time here.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]panini[/nom]I still don't get why we need 8 cores when no app on my phone even utilizes 4 cores.[/citation]
It's 4 Cortex A15 and 4 Cortex A7 cores. It will only use 4 cores at a time.
There is the big.LITTLE mode which uses either the 4 A15 or the 4 A7 cores.

Then there is a "core migration" mode. So it can use 2 A7 + 2A15 or 3 A7 + 1 A15 or any other combination. So it will manage it's energy consumption according to the processing power needs.

And finally a mode which uses all 8 cores for heavy duty tasks but I doubt that any app would need that anytime soon.

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006

Mine too!!

But realistically, the A15 cores seems to be a power hog, almost the similar level to a Atom Z2760 while performing much worse. I'd rather get a Atom phone if intel can iron out all the bugs and driver issues, with OS as Android or Windows 8 x86. Wishful thinking, I know.

I have a Note 1 (N7000), and I it's laggy with ICS even though I removed whole bunch of stuff. Dialer takes 2-4 seconds to show up.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Sorry, it can no longer be called a phone at that point. 5.5 inches was stretching it hard and causing anal fissures.

6.3 is just....... a tablet.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]joaompp[/nom]but can it play crysis[/citation]
I actually thumbed up your comment. It'd be awesome if it did. Maybe we're getting close to being able to do that.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Maybe we're getting close to being able to do that.[/citation]

At desktop resolutions (1080p+)? Hardly unless you call a very slow dia-projector a film projector...

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Jesus, that's big... I think my 4.7" screen phone is already too big--but that's just me. On the other hand, I know of some people who have opted to go the voice-capable tablet route, and don't bother with phone handsets anymore.

G

Upgrading my note 1 to this. Ill get lots of chics just by having it lol.

bisso

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
6.3 inches... this is beyond ridiculous... I am a bit sad Samsung keeps on with this trend of bigger phones, more megapixels, more processor cores while they could really set the example by making a better phone instead, more battery life, more features, more pixel density, better lens for the camera. They just keep going the easy way. I just hope they get back in the right direction before this whole thing come back to them, like Apple.

Status
Not open for further replies.