Rumor: Amazon to Release Three New Kindles This Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Props to Amazon for sticking with 16:10 in their new displays. Much prefer having the extra vertical space when using a device in landscape mode. Hard to even find computer monitors in 16:10 anymore for a decent price.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I really like the Kindle Paperwhite. I hope that E Ink gets their act together when it comes to color e-ink displays. If they get to the point where color variants are as reliable and affordable as their current monochrome displays, I'm sure Amazon will release a Paperwhite Color. Then I could use it for not only books, but comics/manga as well! :D

Plus it'd be great for illustrated children's books, and the display is much gentler on the eyes than LCD/LED.

Edit: I know E Ink has "Triton" color e-ink but from what I've read it isn't ready for primetime and is in need of serious work.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I seriously doubt that they will release colour e-Ink readers...

Probably just the "Fire" tablets and an improved Paperwhite with a better resolution (to match the Aura HD) and better lighting (without the shadows at the bottom of the screen that all current revisions seem to have).

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Also, the title should probably read: "Rumor: Amazon to Release Three New Kindle Fire Tablets This Fall".

Personally I don't really care about Amazon's tablets (just like I don't care about the Nook tablets).

Status
Not open for further replies.