Nobody is arguing that they have had a huge impact on technology in the last decade or so, but what people need to understand is that technology is built and garnered on the shoulders of others. This was all going well until apple dipped their toe and started patenting other peoples tech. (Hell they even filed a patent recently for the Google Notification that they stole ??)Lets see:
- big tech company in the world - Market Cap only and going down....
- biggest American company - See above
- created the finger-touch smartphone space that everyone manufacturer has made similar products to - didn't create the space, were first to capitalise on the tech on the day and market teh hell outta if, hell the first iPhone was an unusable piece of trash other than playing flick games.
- created the finger-touch tablet space that everyone manufacturer is trying to copy - Created my ass, again great timem to package the Tech. that allowed the device and market teh hell outta it, but created, come on what are you smoking
- actually made significant profit and recognition for ultrabooks, now every PC company are making ultrabooks to compete with Apple
- iPhone is the number one selling smartphone globally - They release one phone and sell it well, but Android is outpacing it from 2-1 now at 6-1 and expecting to hit 10-1 devies Q4 2013
- mobile Apps growth went up exponentially (astronomically) with iOS
- Android and Samsung the next biggest competition have tried from day 1 to replicate iOS and Apple - Subjective babble
- Microsoft copied Apple with the Microsoft store - Let me see now, Apple was the first company ever to open a store ??
- Samsung opening kiosks all over the world to sell directly to customers like Apple - A kiosk is not a store, your griping for a company trying to reach more customers, gimme a break.
- marketing for smartphones and technology since Apple's marketing campaign have been replicated from Samsung to Honda - Yeah like their blatant lies that were the Mac vs PC ads, Apple have no doubt copied other advertisers
Need I go on? Apple has had a profound impact in this space, whether you hate their products or not, they have had significant impact on innovation, competition.