Rumor: Apple May Release iPhone Mini in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phenis

Honorable
Nov 9, 2012
Enough with the Apple articles already. Does anyone here honestly give a damn about what they do, especially with their phones?

ukee1593

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I thought the current Iphone was the "mini".

What will the new, smaller on be -> Iphone Microscopic, iMicroscope and iTweezers to use it sold separately!!

ultameca

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
@Phenis The answer to your question is yes, there are people here who give a damn. I'm one of them and also I'm left wondering if toms is going to get the new iMac 27in with the 680mx for some game benchmarking.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
next is macbook mini. now Apple have mini of everything, so whats next after all the minis? Apple gonna have iphone pro/ipad pro version(just like macbook pro) that is bigger & faster than the regular version but look exactly the same. Very innovative indeed..... :whistle:

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]now we have mini of everything, next is macbook mini. So whats next after all the minis? we gonna have iphone/ipad pro version(like macbook pro) that is bigger & faster than the regular version but look exactly the same.[/citation]

Then they get rid of the normal version but don't drop the prices.

fudoka711

Distinguished
"The iPhone 5 is growing fast and profitably right now, so there is little incentive for Apple to launch an ‘iPhone Mini’ this year," said Neil Mawston, the Executive Director at Strategy Analytics.

Well when you sell it for ~100% profit, and people still buy it, of course its going to be profitable.

ibnmuhammad

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Can someone kindly explain, what is the damned fascination of all the android sheeple for bigger screens?
Are they trying to compensate for something?! ;)

Seriously though, when is bigger too big - like the Galaxy Note... wtf! If I wanted a tablet, I would buy a 8/10 inch tablet not a phone which pretends to be a tablet but screws up in both those things.

Anyone can create a bigger/smaller phone, but it doesn't mean it's ergonomically correct to do so.
I find even the iPhone 5 to be slightly too big.

ibnmuhammad

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]next is macbook mini. now Apple have mini of everything, so whats next after all the minis? Apple gonna have iphone pro/ipad pro version(just like macbook pro) that is bigger & faster than the regular version but look exactly the same. Very innovative indeed.....[/citation]

Well, that "inovative" strategy is working very well for Samsung as all the android sheep seem to flock to them.

Seriously though, I love Samsung, they do the best SSD and memory chips on the market, but just because you can create a bigger/smaller screen phone, doesn't mean it's correct.

i.e. I wonder if the Android sheep would flock to a 27 inch tablet?! :D

@ibnmuhammad
Just because you have tiny hands doesn't mean everybody is in the same boat as you.
The Galaxy Note, screwed up? Try again after watching some amazing videos of creative artists working on them. Just Google some or check YouTube directly.
Indeed, anyone can create a bigger/smaller phone, but what do you mean ergonomically correct? What's ergonomically correct for you is not so for another person. To each his/her own. I wonder what you meant with that comment, it makes no sense.
Your last sentence is just pure trolling. Fail. But, even if there was a 27 inch tablet, that doesn't mean someone is putting a gun to your head to buy it. I bet there are some people that could put that tablet to good use. It's all about choices, having lots of choices, and that's what Apple fans don't get.
No worries, though. Just continue enjoying whatever floats your boat and stop being so concerned about what other people like.

halcyon

Splendid
Well, if they're going to give the iPhone a 4.5+" screen the mini could just be the existing size for those that prefer puny. If they correct iOS and make it more Android-like we could have what some might call progress. Apple you can do it.

G

Uhh ios needs to be updated before more hardware is released. Apple coming out with all these products will bite them in the rear, they can't beat anyone doing this (like they ever beat anyone), so i wonder if Cook is trying to run Apple into the ground. Apple used to be something worth my time, but it seems like they are trying to do sonething that they never did before...like business.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
[citation][nom]ultameca[/nom]@Phenis The answer to your question is yes, there are people here who give a damn. I'm one of them and also I'm left wondering if toms is going to get the new iMac 27in with the 680mx for some game benchmarking.[/citation]
Who told you that the imac can game? You have been misled. Sure you can run windows 7 via bootcamp, but then you should have bought a PC then.

The specs on the new imac can handle some recent games on medium settings but the problem lies with the OS. If you game, sell the imac and go to a computer store.... not bestbuy.... with money in hand and say " I want to game" You will be happy. My six year old i7 machine still games better than any AIO.

I was too slow... iphone is a mini in my book.

wemakeourfuture

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
[citation][nom]Phenis[/nom]Enough with the Apple articles already. Does anyone here honestly give a damn about what they do, especially with their phones?[/citation]

Lets see:

- big tech company in the world
- biggest American company
- created the finger-touch smartphone space that everyone manufacturer has made similar products to
- created the finger-touch tablet space that everyone manufacturer is trying to copy
- actually made significant profit and recognition for ultrabooks, now every PC company are making ultrabooks to compete with Apple
- iPhone is the number one selling smartphone globally
- mobile Apps growth went up exponentially (astronomically) with iOS
- Android and Samsung the next biggest competition have tried from day 1 to replicate iOS and Apple
- Microsoft copied Apple with the Microsoft store
- Samsung opening kiosks all over the world to sell directly to customers like Apple
- marketing for smartphones and technology since Apple's marketing campaign have been replicated from Samsung to Honda

Need I go on? Apple has had a profound impact in this space, whether you hate their products or not, they have had significant impact on innovation, competition.

de_com

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
See this is the problem when 15 year olds the ones mainly using iPhone and defending Apple on Forums :-

Lets see:

- big tech company in the world - Market Cap only and going down....
- biggest American company - See above
- created the finger-touch smartphone space that everyone manufacturer has made similar products to - didn't create the space, were first to capitalise on the tech on the day and market teh hell outta if, hell the first iPhone was an unusable piece of trash other than playing flick games.
- created the finger-touch tablet space that everyone manufacturer is trying to copy - Created my ass, again great timem to package the Tech. that allowed the device and market teh hell outta it, but created, come on what are you smoking
- actually made significant profit and recognition for ultrabooks, now every PC company are making ultrabooks to compete with Apple
- iPhone is the number one selling smartphone globally - They release one phone and sell it well, but Android is outpacing it from 2-1 now at 6-1 and expecting to hit 10-1 devies Q4 2013
- mobile Apps growth went up exponentially (astronomically) with iOS
- Android and Samsung the next biggest competition have tried from day 1 to replicate iOS and Apple - Subjective babble
- Microsoft copied Apple with the Microsoft store - Let me see now, Apple was the first company ever to open a store ??
- Samsung opening kiosks all over the world to sell directly to customers like Apple - A kiosk is not a store, your griping for a company trying to reach more customers, gimme a break.
- marketing for smartphones and technology since Apple's marketing campaign have been replicated from Samsung to Honda - Yeah like their blatant lies that were the Mac vs PC ads, Apple have no doubt copied other advertisers

Need I go on? Apple has had a profound impact in this space, whether you hate their products or not, they have had significant impact on innovation, competition.

Nobody is arguing that they have had a huge impact on technology in the last decade or so, but what people need to understand is that technology is built and garnered on the shoulders of others. This was all going well until apple dipped their toe and started patenting other peoples tech. (Hell they even filed a patent recently for the Google Notification that they stole ??)
While apple have their place, i believe we could have been even farther down the Tech. road if it weren't for teh bullyboy tatctics that have held the industry and innovation back the last 4-5 years.

InvalidError

Titan
Cellphones used to be huge.

Then they got smaller, smaller, smaller, smaller until they got so small people were starting to have trouble putting the mic close enough to their mouth without having to pull the earphone off their ears.

Then the smartphones came along and screens got bigger, bigger, bigger until they got so big that people started complaining that these things don't fit in half the place they want to stuff 'em into anymore and are starting to get awkward to hold when they people actually want to use them as phones.

It was predictable that at some point, people who want a softPHONE would eventually start demanding something smaller as people who want a SOFTphone continue demanding larger screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.