Rumor: Apple Still in Design Stage with iTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanmk2

Honorable
May 11, 2012
*Americans simply want more of their products manufactured locally*

Haha thats a laugh. Since when do companies move their manufacturing infrastructure from one continent to another to satisfy the local populace's need for home built goods? Definitely not Apple.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Well, seeing those ads of the cable providers where you can watch tv on your tablet, they are already changing the way people see tv, and the pay per view, also the smart tvs, apple is getting pretty late to this changing market. However Apple has lot of followers that will buy whatever it produces. If it comes with something completely out of the box that no one though about, might be successful, but it's already faceing a lot of competition. On my side I wouldn't buy one, and I don't even watch TV anymore (well, sometimes PBS, and when I had it, Discovery Channel).

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]guru_urug[/nom]Psst....Apple, heres an idea...try a rectangle with rounded edges[/citation]
just don't try the swipe to unlock on the TV itself

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
The longer this pos isn't on the shelves the better. Can hardly wait to buy a new tv that is round or triangular because crapple claims and of course wins the patent on a tv shape and all other designs are in direct violation.

eternalkp

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
"When I go into my living room and turn on the TV, I feel like I have gone backwards in time by 20 to 30 years,” that's the dumbest statement i've ever heard.
1080p & bluray was available back then?

I can't wait for a $5,000 1080p iTV.
Meanwhile, most 1080p LED tvs are bellow $1,000.

blakbird24

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
This whole idea is already too late. Samsung is off and running with their smart TVs. I'm sure iTV will be a beautiful and well executed product, but by the time it comes out none of that will matter as Apple will have already lost the smartphone and tablet wars, and will be selling to a small niche audience. Apple needed this thing to launch before this holiday season. Even Q1 2013 is too late.

G

ITV is a Britsh Broadcast Company (http://www.itv.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV) and not some cheap rebranded Foxconn tv set and sold at rip off prices to the masses of fools out there who will pay for it!

glasssplinter

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
[citation][nom]Zarniw0Op[/nom]ITV is a Britsh Broadcast Company (http://www.itv.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV) and not some cheap rebranded Foxconn tv set and sold at rip off prices to the masses of fools out there who will pay for it![/citation]

I wonder if a class action lawsuit could be brought upon crapple since the users would be confused by the branding. "I thought I was getting cable service but instead I ended up with this tv." Hmm...crapple claimed their customers were stupid enough they couldn't read a box that said Galaxy on it, thought they were getting an ipad.

G

Blakbird24, you must be kidding about samsung smart TV's ...
Yes they are beautiful TV's, and yes they have a very nice picture quality but the smart part.... Chesus what an absolutely useless pos. The navigation and usability is at best on a windows 3.11 level with a T9 keyboard. Completely useless.
And once you bought a new TV nothing new happens because the next years model is in the pipeline.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]apone[/nom]@ Spartanmk2 Agreed, I remember the "Made in the USA" label slowly fading into oblivion during the 80's and 90's.[/citation]
Especially since Asia has been manufacturing electronics for a long time now and have the process down with thousands upon thousands of skilled workers on hand. Not to mention its much cheaper to produce and manufacture products there as well (obviously).

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
They are simply going to stick an appleTV or a mac mini inside a regular TV. They will call it magical, and it will be shiny. Apple fans will be better off attaching a mac mini and hook it up to their already owned big screen. It will do the same thing. This itv is just another vessel for iTunes. It won't be anything different. It will be successful because of the shear number of itards out there. In fact I had a guy come up to me in the grocery store and tell me that my Note 2 was too big.( I was reading my list) I told him to just be happy with your shitty iphone. He then said "How did you know that I had an iphone" I said " Only iphone owners are jealous of other phones. Everyone else can appreciate a different phone now and then". This guy a few feet away spit out his coffee..... Back to itv..... I will stick with my HTPC and 26 TB between 2 machines.... and yes it can play shitty apps as well via intel app center... I think it's called.

cagi

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2009
I think standard brands like Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Philips ... will lost a opportunity to launch Android based TVs before iTV...it will be a TV with iOS simple as that.

If we look at today Smart TV software all of them are a bit awkward and outdated just because functionality is slow and limited.

Maybe a Android based TV with a possible to being controlled with Asus Xtion or Microsoft Kinect like some top Samsung models.

In same conditions Apple has a propaganda engine that can create a hype in turn of "nothing new" and that's the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS