Rumor: Asus Water Coolable GTX 780 Ti ROG Poseidon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the price this should help newer water cooling users without having to buy an expensive water block.
It also adds the option for those who arent sure. Good concept I would say.

B4vB5

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Very nice, but I bet it will be priced waaay out of competitive reach for a standard card and a waterblock. And it will probably be as rare and hard to find as the predecessors.

But in principle, its a very nice move.

Mmm, okay, that's sexy. I wouldn't buy it to upgrade from my 670, but use this as a beta and launch another card like this when you have pricing and supply under control, and I will happily buy a maxwell Posidon card.

I am just waiting for a non stock 290X. So far I have only seen a PCB for the MSI Lightning and I am not a fan of MSI GPUs after working in a retail store and having a good percentage of them have fans go bad. Give me Asus or Sapphire.

Darklyspectre

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Wow how late are you guys. this has been on other websites for a week now.

plus its a 780. not a 780Ti. and locked voltage and so on. basically its useless as you can't overclock high enough to warrant a double cooling.

I might of gotten it if it was a Ti but eh. I will see what EVGA will do.

KEEVAN1234

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Darklyspectre, have you ever thought that maybe they want to upgrade to what is currently the fastest single card gpu instead of something slower than both the r9 290x and r9 290? ROG is known for enthusiast grade stuff, and unless this was a dual 780, then it would be kinda pointless.

Darklyspectre

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
...how is the 780 the fastest single card GPU?

the 780Ti is the fastest single card GPU.

How is picking the locked version of kepler(780) more enthusiast grade than the unlocked version of it(780Ti)?

Status
Not open for further replies.