Rumor: Foxconn May Establish Factories in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Last time I checked the USA has no current capacity to build any of this stuff anymore. But it is good news if it is true.

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
Just remember to allocate couple hundred billions dollars to fend off the lawsuits from various interest groups and other entities, Foxconn. Welcome to USA.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
lol oh look its already happening, the US is turning into China. Low wages, long hours, massive factories. I would be surprised if they shipped chinese over and had them work for low wages in the factories.

The hell is going on

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]battlecrymoderngearsolid[/nom]Who will work for those wages?[/citation]
Lots of Americans are willing to work for a fair wage but it's when the leach unions move in (siphon off millions in union dues and fees) then demand $40 an hour with full benefits and tons of paid vacation time for someone sitting there twisting screws into a plate, that ruins it for sure and one of the reasons so many companies have left the USA. No company in it's right mind would not put up with that. Over the top government regulations from the EPA to OSHA and over the top (was the highest, maybe second now) tax rate in the world. 3 of the main strikes saying to any business that it isn't worth it to manufacture in the USA any more.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]john_4[/nom]Lots of Americans are willing to work for a fair wage but it's when the leach unions move in (siphon off millions in union dues and fees) then demand $40 an hour with full benefits and tons of paid vacation time for someone sitting there twisting screws into a plate, that ruins it for sure and one of the reasons so many companies have left the USA. No company in it's right mind would not put up with that. Over the top government regulations from the EPA to OSHA and over the top (was the highest, maybe second now) tax rate in the world. 3 of the main strikes saying to any business that it isn't worth it to manufacture in the USA any more.[/citation]

Oh you again with your clueless drivel.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Remember that many Americans are without jobs because it's cheaper for big-name corporations to use workers overseas.

And automation. Why employ 100 blue-collar assembly line workers when 5-10 trained engineers are only needed to keep the machines humming?

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]lol oh look its already happening, the US is turning into China. Low wages, long hours, massive factories. I would be surprised if they shipped chinese over and had them work for low wages in the factories.The hell is going on[/citation]

We don't need low wages. But we also don't need large amount of workers to run automated factories, just some engineers with college degrees.

And I find it amusing and sad that some of my classmates think they're going to get far into life without a college degree. Dream on.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]ipwn3r456[/nom]So where are you going to get those people who will work at your wages? Illegal immigrants from china?[/citation]

Beep. Boop. Maggots. And I'm here to take your job, because I will work 24/7 with proper care and without pay, won't strike, and won't complain until something breaks.

Beep. Boop.

*Linux has stopped responding because some lazy idiots had set the firewall to allow all incoming/outgoing traffic instead of setting exceptions to certain stuff, and ignored the news of SQL attacks on companies such as Sony.*

G

HAHA

INSOURCING, JUST LIKE THEY PREDICTED WOULD HAPPEN IN THE MOVIE 'THE CAMPAIGN'

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
hypocrites, Foxconn wants to bring jobs here, and you guys are all like, no thanks. This isn't a bad thing, it sure beats the hell out of working at McDonald's. I for one welcome this. As long as the unions stays out of this it will be beneficial to everyone involved.

G

Assembly of the phones is such a small piece of the overall product. Yet that is all people seem to think of -- iPhone assembly.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]ipwn3r456[/nom]So where are you going to get those people who will work at your wages? Illegal immigrants from china?[/citation]
LOL there's already plenty scattered within the states as it is. So long as they pick SOCAL, Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas, they're guaranteed to find plenty of labor for cheap. Truth is, I can laugh at this all I possibly can, but the issue pisses me off too much. Sure would be nice to have somewhat of a textile/manufacturing industry again, but the country has made other countries appear much more worthwhile for business.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]We don't need low wages. But we also don't need large amount of workers to run automated factories, just some engineers with college degrees.And I find it amusing and sad that some of my classmates think they're going to get far into life without a college degree. Dream on.[/citation]

Im in school for "Aviation Maintenance Technician" and let me tell you the paying wage straight out of college on average is between 90K to 110K a year. Its a hard program, but 2 years of college to earn that? I think your classmates are right. College can lead to a fulfilling and high paying career.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Kevin! For heaven's sakes! Did you bother reading before quoting:
"Many times these DigiTimes articles are a hit or miss, and Time has even pointed out that "16 of these 25 [tech] stories turned out to be mostly or completely off-base."
Do you EVER bother doing any research!? Ever?? You clearly did not bother reading that article you linked to.. I just did. That article was posted in May 2012. Out of those 16 that were mostly off-base according to the article (at the time), 4 have since come true by means of the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini! (Perhaps more, as I do not keep up to date with the all the latests specs of all Apple products). So that brings it down to 12, or 50/50.
Be a source of facts instead of rumors, misinformation and empty articles (empty articles refers to most of your other posts where you provide almost no info other than quoting a press release!).

greg7683

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Maybe I missed something here but Foxconn already has a plant in the USA I work their it is in Plainfield Indiana

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]greg7683[/nom]Maybe I missed something here gut Foxconn already has a plant in the USA I work their it is in Plainfield Indiana[/citation]
[citation][nom]greg7683[/nom]But even tho they are in the US they pay crap you can make the same amount of money working at Burger King[/citation]
Greg, you have a job? Considering that you do not know how to use a full stop or period (that dot that people put at the end of each sentence), I am not surprised they are paying you the same amount of money as someone working at Burger King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS