Rumor: Foxconn Unveiling Firefox OS Tablet Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'd love to see a true legitimate contender to iPhone and Andriod. WP8 looks great and has lots of promise but I don't know how it will hold up in the long run. I'm really interested to see what Firefox OS can do.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I just don't see something like this surviving unless its truly innovative or different. Firefox is really going to have to bring something new to the table and of impressive quality. I am just not sure they can play catch up fast enough to get the app programers and manufactures behind them.

mforce2

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2006
I'm just strongly opposed to not having native apps. Native will always be way faster and lighter on the power usage.
Google likes web stuff too but Android supports native apps and look how good it's doing. Compare that to Chrome OS which granted doesn't run on touch stuff but still.
Mozilla should stop with the nonsense, I don't think the time for webapps only is now.

neblogai

Distinguished
2 Otacon72: Mozzilla is a non-profit, so 'selling' is not the point. Important is giving people a product that doesn't spy on them by default, with apps that are open source.

neblogai

Distinguished
2 Otacon72: Mozzilla is a non-profit, so 'selling' is not the point. Important is giving people a product that doesn't spy on them by default, with apps that are open source.

Blazer1985

Honorable
May 21, 2012
Well, actually they have to sell them in order to get more developers to build applications or else if you wanted something useless that protects your privacy you could buy a brick :)

Chris Droste

Honorable
May 29, 2013
seriously, for it to be on a tablet and be successful, FF Os needs maybe 5 things to be successful:
*easy to connect to wireless
*fast surfing of websites
*long battery life
*easy to use communication options(email, messaging, G+/Facebook/Twitter)
*app selection
all things considered, the only serious hurdle that needs to be cleared is the last one. the other 4 will help it sell but app selection will KEEP it selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.