Rumor: Google to Launch Nexus 10 November 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given that they own Motorola, I don't think they'll have a MotoNexus, as much as we want it, because the other manufacturers will cry foul.
That being said, Motorola will probably come up with their own tablet, hopefully with a very thin skin on it, like they did with their latest 2 handsets.

BranFlake5

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I hope LG brings a great display to the Nexus 10. I'm hoping high color accuracy IPS+ and then Tom's can say it's better than a "Retina Display"

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
If those specs are even remotely close, this thing will outclass the iPad Air pretty easily. Problem is, most people probably will never realize it and end up paying $100 more for specs that are worse than last year's Nexus 10.

Hopefully Google releases the proper accessories this time as they were pretty hard to come by for last year's model.

What is a Retina display, anyways? A marketing gimmick from Apple. There are plenty of devices that have a high enough PPI as to qualify. It's like naming your car a "magical chariot", while everyone else just use better vehicles.
Empty words targeting the gullible.

Last year's Nexus 10 was better than a "Retina" display. I can't see a reason why Google would downgrade this, esp. that LG makes some of the best displays out there.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
If it has a stylus I'm sold... really considering trying the Tegra Note because of the stylus but I'll wait until this thing comes out before pulling the trigger.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
A stylus would only be valuable to me if the display was also a digitizer to take full advantage of having a stylus. If not, I can just buy any old stylus

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I wish Google would just come out and say whats going on. I understand that they're probably trying to build hype and what not, but I almost went out and bought a Sony Tablet Z last week because I was tired of waiting with no official word from Google. The only reason I didn't was because Best Buy was out of stock. But I'm going there again this Friday if I don't hear anything official.

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I wish Google would just come out and say whats going on. I understand that they're probably trying to build hype and what not, but I almost went out and bought a Sony Tablet Z last week because I was tired of waiting with no official word from Google. The only reason I didn't was because Best Buy was out of stock. But I'm going there again this Friday if I don't hear anything official.

woodyl

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Probably not "leaked", but faked. These photos look really bad and the specs don't make sense. This information is not reliable.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
I'd rather have this come with T4 and 1080p. But I intend to game on my tablet when I buy it (though I may wait for a great 13in Kepler based T5), where my dad's nexus 10 is woefully underpowered for 1600p. Until I see a tegrazone type website from Qcom and serious gaming interest shown, I'll take the only company really pushing GAMING on android: NVIDIA (and any T4 device may end up streaming your PC once it's all worked out on shield). I'd prefer a lower res with MORE EFFECTS, than super high res totally cut down just so you can hit 30fps. If I needed a modem maybe I'd want snapdragon, but there is no need on a tablet IMHO. My dad's nexus 10 never leaves the house/wifi.

Anything over 1920x1200 on tablets is just dumb and sacrifices perf to get there in games. My 24in dell is only 1920x1200 and it isn't ugly ;) Considering 98%+ of us use this res or LOWER on our huge monitor PC's, why are 10in tablets even attempting 1600p? STUPID. Most games are not made for 1600p on mobile either and end up in little boxes or with fonts you can't even read with my near eagle vision...LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.