Rumor: Google to Offer Six New Colors of Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

InvalidError

Titan
Back in the days of user-replaceable batteries with the associated removable back-cover, changing device colors was as simple as replacing the $25 shell instead of the whole device... I kind of miss that.

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
So apple of them? Please enlighten me. There were many popular phones that you could get in many colors before the 5c. Galaxy s3, like every nokia phone the last couple years, HTC 8x and others.

Jgriff

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
@darkshadow I don't recall any other phone manufacturer offering multiple colors like pink green blue yellow all at the same time before the 5c. Maybe 2 colors but not 6. That's all I was saying lol. Either way I don't see why phones come in colors other than the standard black, white, and silver, just get a damn colored case if you care that much.

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013

The Moto X comes in a lot more colors than the 5c and was announced and released before.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
I remember buying a replacement fascia for my Nokia 3100 back in 2005... those heady days. Incidentally, going from blue to a cherry red wasn't the best decision I've ever made. Still, lots of people changed fascias back then, and I think we've kind of accepted the demise of said practice with little opposition...

Status
Not open for further replies.