Rumor: HP Turning to Android for Next Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
honestly they should have given webOS more of a chance, but a tthis point it may be to little to late, everybody who hasn't launched a tablet is seemingly doing it, heck even polaroid at this point might beat them to the punch

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
In the old days (i.e. 80s/90s) HP stood for quality.
If you had an HP laser printer in your office that was something instantly respected by visitors.
HP was expensive but top notch quality.

That was in the past.
Now HP is known (to the public, mind you) for discount PC packages stuffed with adverts and trial software. Sad, but quality (and the associated price that goes with it) do not get you the vast quantities you need to keep stock holders happy.

LightningStryk17

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]Old hat you missed the boat.... adopting android a lil late in the game. The game is just about over and your just now fielding a proper team... go HP[/citation]

I would hardly say that it is "late in the game" for tablets. Tablets will probably be around for 20 years at least before something new comes along.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]spentshells[/nom]Old hat you missed the boat.... adopting android a lil late in the game. The game is just about over and your just now fielding a proper team... go HP[/citation]

While I don't outright disagree, Sega and Nintendo were pretty sure of themselves too. There's always room for someone to come along and take over.

[citation][nom]diddo[/nom]No wonder, nobody loves Jar Jar Binks aka Vistabob 8 Squarepants[/citation]

I can understand having issues with Vista and to an extent, even with 8, but hating on both Jar Jar and Spongebob (let alone in the same almost sentence) is just evil.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Typical occasion of "having to enter a market" without putting the soul in it.
Investors want a piece of the pie because everybody else is having it. But will there be any pie left? Are the crumbs of the pie worth the effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.