Rumor: iPhone 5S Will Have Fingerprint Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganjamaican

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
Doubt it. The way how Apple operates is just to improve on like the camera, and speed. for the S Series. I bet however it would be on iPhone 6

Deadfred

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Is it possible that the US government could court order this data thereby finger printing all US citizens that use the iPhone?

halcyon

Splendid
Well, as nice and sharp as the iPhone's screen is the S4's and One's screen are even sharper so these seemingly ridiculous pixel densities DO makes a tangible difference. That said I'd like to see Apple do somethimg to make their phones more durable and hold up to wear a little better. Getting a case shouldn't be mandatory in the same way it is for the iPhone 5 to keep the phone in presentable (spelled N E W) condition.

Something as robust as Gorilla Glass 3 and some highly toughened aluminum (or Kevlar or something).

I'd rather see these things than a fingerprint reader.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Been speculated so many times.

Regardless, if fingerprint scanning becomes a security feature, I would liken it to Android's face unlock. It's neat, but sometimes it proves to be more difficult than just inputting your device pin.

halcyon

Splendid

Well, typically, when Apple implements a feature it tends to simply work so if they do decide the fingerprint reader is in their future it will likely be easily and reliably usable. ...just my opinion.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

Still, a fingerprint scanner on a phone isn't a new concept. Motorola already had this for almost two and a half years with the Atrix. And I don't know if the Atrix was the first to have one.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

And the iPhone doesn'r suffer from the same problem? Or does the iPhone have a smudge free screen. If it has I must return mine, because they forgot to place it.

halcyon

Splendid
TBH, the feature isn't even all that attractive to me. Again, there's other things that are much higher on m'list. I think a sort of iPhone "Pro" with the same, or better, screen as the S4 would do well in the market, alongside the current designs. Why not?

Srieya Devi

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
Will iPhone 5S be the next smart phone by Apple? For more information

http://www.trendsor.blogspot.in/2012/11/will-iphone-5s-be-next-smart-phone-by.html

iPhone is penetrating in to the smart world with its latest models that comes with latest updated technologies. The latest model by Apple up to now is iPhone 5 with lot of latest features embedded in it. Hence, the rumors are being spread about its next smart phone: whether the next model will be called as iPhone 5S or iPhone6? The reason... -

Status
Not open for further replies.