Rumor: Microsoft Working on Surface Mini Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Microsoft best not to build too many 8" and the "RT" model. With current situation in the app store, I do not think too many will sell just yet. And those who are happy with the RT platform already bought a tablet running RT, and are unlikely to buy a new model so soon.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Microsoft should work on building a removable phone into the Surface Tablet. That is, the SmartPhone to work as extra storage or have some sort of docking mode when plugged in, but Surface be able to run independently without it (as in the phone is in use being held against the user's ear).

nightwingv

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
imo microsoft should release a bigger tablet rather than going smaller. something 13-14" would be nice for productivity..

just my 2c

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
"With current situation in the app store,"

Yep, no sutuation except not having as many "junk" apps clogging up the store just to make it look full. Seriously, Android fans, do you really need 160 fart apps?

MfastPrincess

Honorable
Sep 13, 2013
"Microsoft should work on building a removable phone into the Surface Tablet. That is, the SmartPhone to work as extra storage or have some sort of docking mode when plugged in, but Surface be able to run independently without it (as in the phone is in use being held against the user's ear)."

I was just talking about this the other day. I totally agree. Or a bluetooth "phone" to go along with it.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
I'm cool with RT now that it's running 8.1 (preview) and I've been using it a lot lately. HOWEVER, the lo resolution ticks me off... so I will likely get a higher res model if they do in fact offer one. The performance boost will also be nice.

w8gaming

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

No Whatsapp, one of the most popular app currently in competing app store.
Viber? no.
No Soundhound. Sure it has Shazam, it also has a comment saying "it cannot work at all".
Spotify? nope. Pandora? no.
VLC media player? no. In fact, it is worse, lots of fake app posting as the real thing.
Ventrilo? no.
DOSBox? no.
Navigation app? If there is any, I can't see where they are.
No need to mention the huge collection of games. No need to mention many Google related software as it will be unfair.

mitchellvii

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Let me get this straight. MS is gonna drop a Haswell into a failed design (Surface Pro) and expect it to sell this time? Lol, only MS.

The Surface Pro failed because the form factor is wrong for business. No backlit keyboard, impossible to use on your lap, not enough ports and too small a screen to run most legacy apps.

Surface 2 is a better idea but it will be killed by Bay Trail tablets running full fat Windows 8.1. It's only hope is that no one comes out with a similarly prices Bay Trail with a full HD screen. But I'm sure someone will.

Harry_Wild

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2012
I use my Nexus 7 2013 for mostly surfing the internet and e-books. So a Mini Surface would work well for people like me. It just has to good display resolution and be fast for browsing. I may sell my Nexus for either an iPad Mini 2 - retina or possibly this Surface Mini if the resolution is HD like the Nexus is!

Status
Not open for further replies.