Rumor: New Core i7, Celeron Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

judeh101

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
No offense to intel, but I think releasing the new i7s is just kinda dumb. Oh, and BTW, a typo on TDP not "TDB"
Set for a third quarter release, The Celeron E3200 will feature a core clock of 2.5 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, an 800 MHz FSB, and a 65 W TDB.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
'The Celeron E3200 will feature a core clock of 2.5 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache, an 800 MHz FSB, and a 65 W TDB. The Celeron E3300 will offer the same base features, but will provide a slightly higher core speed of 2.5 GHz and support for VT-x virtualization'

2.5>2.5? I want to live in Tom's World!

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Also, not everyone wants to spend $1000 on an Extreeme edition, and not everyone is cut out for OCing. For those people, this new i7 makes alot of sense.

gabriel_gr

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
I am kinda disappointed that there is no dual core chip in the roadmap. I mean a 3.0ghz 32nm dual core with on-chip memory controller, lower thermal envelope and power consumption sounds like a pretty sweet combo for the average user that wants to play a game or two occasionally.

There is always LGA 775 for these buyers along with DDR2 but what about in a year from now. Given that the new Windows and Linux (and even snow leopard for Hackintosh machines) are easier than the OS'es they replace and we don't expect and software breakthroughs in the next couple of years sounds like a part of the market forced to buy more power than they actually need.

[citation][nom]gabriel_gr[/nom]I am kinda disappointed that there is no dual core chip in the roadmap. I mean a 3.0ghz 32nm dual core with on-chip memory controller, lower thermal envelope and power consumption sounds like a pretty sweet combo for the average user that wants to play a game or two occasionally.There is always LGA 775 for these buyers along with DDR2 but what about in a year from now. Given that the new Windows and Linux (and even snow leopard for Hackintosh machines) are easier than the OS'es they replace and we don't expect and software breakthroughs in the next couple of years sounds like a part of the market forced to buy more power than they actually need.[/citation]

Thats whay the "i5" or whatever it will be called will bring - i7 platform isnt for low end full stop.

2.5ghz dual core and 1mb L2 - thats amazing these days for a low end cpu concidering

gabriel_gr

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
Yup. I was off topic but meant the entire roadmap since this article deals with more than just the i7.

I use a notebook at the time since my work requires being 2 months here, two months there etc. If I were to build a system right now I guess I'd pick an 775 mobo and an E8500 for windows, office, SPSS, Matlab and a virtual machine when I need a unix terminal.

I don't see any 65Watt or lower i5's but I could be terribly wrong.

cbigfoot

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]judeh101[/nom]No offense to intel, but I think releasing the new i7s is just kinda dumb. Oh, and BTW, a typo on TDP not "TDB"[/citation]
Hey i have an idea for you why dont you start your own website and have it have perfect grammer. we know what they mean. besides if you dont like their typos go else where i personally am sick of seeing you all correct their tiny typos that we know what they mean.

G

The article title was implying (or gave the impression) there would be a Celeron i7, which is not true.
A better title would have been appreciated.

Otherwise old news.

judeh101

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]cbigfoot[/nom]Hey i have an idea for you why dont you start your own website and have it have perfect grammer. we know what they mean. besides if you dont like their typos go else where i personally am sick of seeing you all correct their tiny typos that we know what they mean.[/citation]
I don't give. why don't you shut da hell up?

judeh101

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I'm only on here because I need it for information technology for class to pass, otherwise, I would much rather use the engadget website, and other websites (which I do). I don't care, I'm not gonna be back to this website ever again. Because the attitudes with people on this website, and mainly LOSERS. That's right, LOSERS. Ban me, whatever you like.
Why can't tom's hardware actually make an article instead of making rumors? is that actually any use? no, it's just bs.

judeh101

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]computabug[/nom]You spelled 'the' incorrectly...[/citation]
Thanks, I was testing to see if someone would notice ;)
See how annoying it is to make some grammar mistake?

aspireonelover

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]judeh101[/nom]I don't give. why don't you shut da hell up?[/citation]
Why don't you respect the website instead of making "such" offensive comments?

aspireonelover

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]judeh101[/nom]I'm only on here because I need it for information technology for class to pass, otherwise, I would much rather use the engadget website, and other websites (which I do). I don't care, I'm not gonna be back to this website ever again. Because the attitudes with people on this website, and mainly LOSERS. That's right, LOSERS. Ban me, whatever you like.Why can't tom's hardware actually make an article instead of making rumors? is that actually any use? no, it's just bs.[/citation]

I thought that you're not coming back to this website?
Anyhow, having core i7 in these ranges really help, not only do they save costs, but some consumers don't need that fast of the speed nor do they overclock.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Computabug, lol

And judeh101, u think we have a bad attitude, look at ur own posts,so wot if their r a few typos, is it gonna kill u?

Sorry if this message has too many typos for u.

judeh101

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
It's not gonna kill me, I pointed out a typo, and that's all. Why make such a friggen big deal out of my message by just typing "TDB"? like seriously. Is it gonna kill you guys by correcting? Cause I'm pretty sure n00bs are going to be like "What the hell is with TDB? I've never seen that before. Could it be TLB (Translation Lookaside Buffer) be 65W? How?"
I'm pretty sure that this information is important to information technologists. I won't be comin' back anymore. This website is pointless.

aspireonelover

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]judeh101[/nom]I'm pretty sure that this information is important to information technologists. This website is pointless.[/citation]

Hey, you forgot to add the "the" to Information technologists. How about that?

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]judeh101[/nom]It's not gonna kill me, I pointed out a typo, and that's all. Why make such a friggen big deal out of my message by just typing "TDB"? like seriously. Is it gonna kill you guys by correcting? Cause I'm pretty sure n00bs are going to be like "What the hell is with TDB? I've never seen that before. Could it be TLB (Translation Lookaside Buffer) be 65W? How?" I'm pretty sure that this information is important to information technologists. I won't be comin' back anymore. This website is pointless.[/citation]

Bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

aspireonelover

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Upendra09[/nom]So r u ^[/citation]
Oh sorry man, I was pointing it out for him.
I was supposed to put that in "quotes" but lemme guess. I forgot, lol.
Chripuck, you're hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.