Rumor: Samsung In Talks To Buy Out BlackBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
It will not happen. Unless it is a US based, UK based, German based or another Canadian based company. Samsung is vulnerable to cyber attacks with its neighbor, and US Department of Defense do not want that.

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
BBRY dropped 14.8% (after going up almost 30%) in pre-market trading due to denials on both sides. Its hard not to see benefits Samsung would get from buying up blackberry.

davide445

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
As BlackBerry owner will not like this new arrangement, obviously beneficial for Samsung but killing BB commitment for alternative and business oriented ecosystem.
Considering USA perspective also agree with vaughn2k: national security sensitive acquisitions such as this one will probably not be allowed to go to a strong commercial competitor in high tech and traditionally not an aligned friend of US foreign policy.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
@David445: HUH?! The USGovt doesn't have a direct say on what is sold or bought in other countries. Samsung is in South Korea, not North Korea, you understand the difference? We have thousands of US Soldiers stationed in S.Korea.

Pretty much ALL mobile devices are MADE IN CHINA or Korea - including BB. Its possible the Chinese (govt) to hard-wire code into technology.

As stated, it looks like its a rumor and Many people (including myself) wouldn't see a reason why Samsung would bother with BB.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Hi, on the article page, is says $7.5 million, instead of billion. I actually clicked the article because I thought "WOW, Blackberry is only worth 7.5M? How the mighty have fallen!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS