Rumor: Windows 8 Set for September Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

edilee

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2009
People are not going to upgrade to Win8 with Win7 being so perfect unless they add tons of new and great features. From what I have seen here about Win8 and it's bubbles UI they need to scrap that and start over.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
If all of the rumors are true, Win8 may well be an early flop... Sorry, but I don't see people jumping on the "cloud computing" bandwagon all too quickly given the lack of security.

Agustus69

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
As soon as I heard about the ribbons for everything in Windows 8, that was all I needed to know I don't want it.

G

I think this is a marketing strategy. They know how people clung to XP when Vista was released and they are trying to market Win7 with the release of Win8. Using what hurt them before to their advantage.=)

woffle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Windows 8 from the leaked shots appears to be just a greater build/addon to windows 7, vista was so shockingly bad partly since it was built on a new kernel etc. To me, 8 seems like win7 sp2, just a few more features and slight changes to the OS. Could be wrong (kinda hope i am since its a new OS rather than a SP).

Will get a copy from MSDN and try it out, quite happy with win7 at the moment, cant see me needing to upgrade apart from a couple of niceties.

gerchokas

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]They will have to pull XP from my cold dead hands......[/citation]

lol

[citation][nom]edilee[/nom]People are not going to upgrade to Win8 with Win7 being so perfect unless they add tons of new and great features.[/citation]

They've been leaving the traditional desktop pc focus and aiming for Cloud computing and portable devices, so I dont think the next OS will really be a major improvement on perfomance and stability as Win7 is.
Besides, the new office-like explorer interface sucks....

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]They will have to pull XP from my cold dead hands......[/citation]
+1
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]I think MS needs to stop rushing Windows 8, I think 7 is pretty nice.[/citation]
MS has been playing Apple for a while now. They want you to buy a new PC every year as your not-so-old PC isn't qualified to run their latest, fastest, most stable, most secure and most exciting OS.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I think their rushing it a bit. Win7 has the potential to be like XP, a durable long lasting solid OS. Im not making the move, since Im pretty darn happy with Win7. Especially with the success of Win7.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
I think it should cost 30 bucks for an upgrade version (40 bucks is the maximum I would pay, and $80-$100 for a new copy.). Students should get it free through The Ultimate Steal.

Also, there should be one and only one version- just "Windows 8" with all the features of Ultimate. None of this "Home Premium (since it's all but premium), Professional, Enterprise, Ultimate" segmentation. Just "Windows 8".

And, it's going to be Windows 6.2.over7601.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
[citation][nom]kilo_17[/nom]I think MS needs to stop rushing Windows 8, I think 7 is pretty nice.[/citation]

I agree. Windows 7 will be great for years. 7 is the new XP and I loved XP and still do.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]Maybe it's not really an upgrade but an OS optimized for niche machines - tablets and ultraportables.[/citation]
My feelings as well. Also I do sense another Vista debacle here. M$ won't give anything in this release that will make me want to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.