Rumor: Xbox Team Producing Microsoft's Smart Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexians

Honorable
Jul 1, 2012
I wonder why people would buy this plastic crap when for this money you can get an excellent chronograph or probably a basic automatic too, which would even last longer, look better and hold some value too.

Hazle

Distinguished
if all this smart watch hoo-hah is simply a small touch screen attached to a watch strap, aside from simple mobility, what's the point? now, if the whole thing, including the strap was a touch screen all wrapped around your arm, i can see the novelty for some people, though be it lost to me. either way, i'll stick to attaching a chain to my phone and call it a smart pocket watch. shiet so hipster, yo!

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... Remember when there were rumors of Apple's tablet before the original iPad... all manufacturers were quick release or developing a tablet before Apple... so called slate computers... and then came out the original iPad... and everybody needed to start all over again... now... it started all because of the next rumor about the iClock[?]... and that started because of iPod... now everybody are jumpy... everybody want to be first'er than apple...

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Sounds interesting. Speaking of the Next Xbox, the rumored SmartWatch functionality was just a part of today's Next Xbox news. According to another source, the Next Xbox was never going to be always online. He also claims that last week's report about the Xbox Mini connecting to the Next Xbox in order to provide backwards compatibility through the 720's interface wasn't true. He claims the Xbox Mini is designed as a set-top box for media streaming and casual gaming. It won't have a disc drive but can play all of the downloadable 360 Arcade and Games on Demand titles. As for Next Xbox backwards compatiblity, he claims that the Next Xbox will house the 360 SoC, and that developers may even be able to utilize the two chipsets at once to give more processing power to games (or I find it far more likely that one chipset would allow the running of background aps while gaming, as other recent sources have claimed). He says that the controller is mostly unchanged, except for an improved D-pad and improved wireless technology that allows 16% better battery life. He says most of the recent rumors about the Kinect 2.0 are true, though he specifies that it can register more users and can more accurately detect specific movements, and that it will pretty much live up to all of MS's claims about the original Kinect that they failed to deliver. Lastly, he claims that the Next Xbox's OS is Windows 8, and that indie games made for the Windows 8 Ap Store will work on the Next Xbox once controller support is added to them. Not sure how reliable this source is unfortunately, but man do I hope he knows what he's talking about, because the console he's describing sounds like it can actually stand up to the PS4, unlike the console described by some of the other recent reports.

ttcboy

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006

They would if they could so that they can track ur every movement, see what u see and hear what u hear.

Paying big bucks to get ur own privacy invaded.... Priceless !!!!

jack1982

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I remember when toys like this were sold at Sharper Image as novelty gifts, right next to the pocket night vision monocular and the wireless bicycle turn signal. Now it's the future of mankind lol.

hotice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Great, so I'll have to pay a subscription to see what the date is and it will give me a red-ring of death after the first year of use and I'll need to send it in for a replacement.

G

So then I'm guessing we won't be able to view the time unless we are connected to the internet?

g-unit1111

Titan

Now all they have to do is figure out how to implant an 8MP camera and 32GB flash memory in our heads... problem solved! :lol:

What was that Keanu Reeves movie where he was carrying around 6GB of government secrets in his head?

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
This is yet another stupid fad. Why do I need a watch that connects to the phone in my pocket to tell me there's a message on my phone in my pocket? Or to tell me there's a post on facebook or some other stupid social network? What can you do on a screen that's only 1-2 inches square? Unless this thing is gonna have a projector to display images to a reasonable size it's useless for any real web-based functionality. Pebble got famous with their Kickstarter, and everyone lost their minds chasing after a bad idea, or highly novel idea at best, that is hard to see going anywhere with all the money they're apparently dumping on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.