[SOLVED] Run Corsair Vengance on higher clock rate than 2133Mhz

Jan 24, 2020
Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me any mistakes and tell me how to do better if there is anything.

I'm trying to run my Corsair Vengance DDR4 3200 RAM at a higher clock rate than 2133, which is automatically set by my BIOS.

I tryed to get there with a few things from the internet, but nothing really helped. I tryed to usw XMP (which set the clock rate to 3200) -> blue screen in Windows. I updated my BIOS to the newest version available - still the same problem.

I heard something that my motherboard may only be capable of supporting 2933Mhz where the next question would be how to get there.

My system specs are:

AMD Ryzen 2700X
Gigabyte B450 Aorus PRO
Corsair Vengance DDR4 16 GB Dual Channel (2x 8GB) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
(Do you need anything more, e.g. some details CPU-Z shows?)

Can I improve my RAM clockspeed or do I have to stick with 2133?

Jan 24, 2020
I Have'nt yet but did now and will try to run a RAM test and see if it still fails.
Okay so I'm running on 2933 Mhz stable right now. But I was not able to find any official specifications for my motherboard, saying that I can only run at 2933Mhz. Where do I have to look for something like this?

Jan 24, 2020
Your motherboard support 3200mhz. You may need to do a BIOS update to ensure stability/compatibility. Also make sure the memory is in the correct slots. That kit should be in the A2/B2 slots or A1/A2 slots.
I updated my BIOS to the newest Version (F50) yesterday and have my RAM installed in the A2/B2 Slot. Do I have to increase the voltage for the RAM to increase stability? Or the latencies?

CPU-Z gives me the Timings Table for JEDEC #6, 7, 8 and XMP-3200 with different values for CAS# Latency, RAS# to CAS#, RAS# Precharge, tRAS, tRC and Voltage

WildCard999

Titan
I updated my BIOS to the newest Version (F50) yesterday and have my RAM installed in the A2/B2 Slot. Do I have to increase the voltage for the RAM to increase stability? Or the latencies?

CPU-Z gives me the Timings Table for JEDEC #6, 7, 8 and XMP-3200 with different values for CAS# Latency, RAS# to CAS#, RAS# Precharge, tRAS, tRC and Voltage
You shouldn't need to manually set those values, is there an option to enable XMP in the BIOS or does that still cause the BSOD's no matter the profile?

Jan 24, 2020
You shouldn't need to manually set those values, is there an option to enable XMP in the BIOS or does that still cause the BSOD's no matter the profile?
So I tried 2933Mhz with and without XMP, which seems to be stable and 2933Mhz with XMP looks quite stable (was able to run a 3dMark benchmark without bluescreen). But when I enabled 3200Mhz with XMP, my system keeps crashing with BSOD's.

WildCard999

Titan
You may just have to leave it at 2933 but at least performance wise that's way better for AMD Ryzen then 2133 as the difference, depending on the game, could be like 20 FPS or at least minimal FPS dips.

Perhaps a newer BIOS update (later on) would help with the stability but it's really odd to see Corsair Vengeance not running at the correct speed. Maybe this is an issue with the memory and not your motherboard, may want to contact Corsair.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/contact

Jan 26, 2020
Thank god i found the same problem that i am having at the moment, my system Gigabyte B450m s2h- Ryzen 5 1600 and Corsair 2x8gb 3200 mhz ram, when i play games system crashes, but when i disable the xmp everything is normal, so i am gonna try your way and will set my Rams on 2933 mhz, lets see whats gonna happen

Reactions: Dr Blau

Cuberto

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
Thank god i found the same problem that i am having at the moment, my system Gigabyte B450m s2h- Ryzen 5 1600 and Corsair 2x8gb 3200 mhz ram, when i play games system crashes, but when i disable the xmp everything is normal, so i am gonna try your way and will set my Rams on 2933 mhz, lets see whats gonna happen
Hey your Ryzen5 1600 is 'stock' capable of memory up to 2666 (the mainboard can probably handle 3200 no prob)
mine gets up to 2866 u might have luck running higher. IF your main board offers 'auto' settings use them instead of XMP settings, just adjust the voltage to match what the ram would like (up to 1.35 usually for XMP)