Run DLL Error

How do I get rid of these errors that seem to appear without any reason. I
usually manage to correct them by using a restore point, but for some reason
the restore facility wont let me go back to January.

--
KCrossley

Hi,

What is the specific error message? Rundll32.exe loads library files,
knowing which one and when it happens might help us tell you what is wrong.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
> How do I get rid of these errors that seem to appear without any reason.
> I usually manage to correct them by using a restore point, but for some
> reason the restore facility wont let me go back to January.
>
> --
> KCrossley

The heading bar states RUN.DLL and the explanation states 'error loading C:
(file path name) and says the specified model could not be found'.

--
Karen I E Crossley
> Hi,
>
> What is the specific error message? Rundll32.exe loads library files,
> knowing which one and when it happens might help us tell you what is
> wrong.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>> How do I get rid of these errors that seem to appear without any reason.
>> I usually manage to correct them by using a restore point, but for some
>> reason the restore facility wont let me go back to January.
>>
>> --
>> KCrossley

Hi Karen,

When does this happen? When starting up? Or when starting a particular
program?

--

> The heading bar states RUN.DLL and the explanation states 'error loading
> C: (file path name) and says the specified model could not be found'.
>
> --
> Karen I E Crossley
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the specific error message? Rundll32.exe loads library files,
>> knowing which one and when it happens might help us tell you what is
>> wrong.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>>> How do I get rid of these errors that seem to appear without any reason.
>>> I usually manage to correct them by using a restore point, but for some
>>> reason the restore facility wont let me go back to January.
>>>
>>> --
>>> KCrossley

When loading up before you try and select any programs. I do have some
programs that automatically load as you sign on such as messenger, modem
boost etc

--
Karen I E Crossley
> Hi Karen,
>
> When does this happen? When starting up? Or when starting a particular
> program?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>> The heading bar states RUN.DLL and the explanation states 'error loading
>> C: (file path name) and says the specified model could not be found'.
>>
>> --
>> Karen I E Crossley
>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> What is the specific error message? Rundll32.exe loads library files,
>>> knowing which one and when it happens might help us tell you what is
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message

Hi Karen,

Ok, then you need to troubleshoot and find which application is causing the
problem. Click start/run and type msconfig. On the general tab click
selective startup. Uncheck the line to load the startup group. Click
apply/ok and reboot. If it still occurs, then the problem is in the system
services. If not, then it is in the startup group (which is where I suspect
you will find it).

After rebooting, if it does not occur, reopen msconfig and recheck the
startup group. Then go to the startup tab and uncheck half the entries
(doesn't matter which half). Click apply/ok and reboot. Does it occur now?
If so, then the problem is in one of the lines you left checked, if not then
it is in one of the unchecked lines. Use this pattern to isolate which one
is causing it.

If you have determined that it is in the system services, go to that tab and
check the line to hide all Microsoft services. Uncheck the remaining ones,
click apply/ok and reboot. See if it goes away. Use the same pattern to
isolate the problem. If you have reason to believe that it is one of the
Microsoft services, then post back here before proceeding (disabling some of
these can render the system unbootable).

Once you have isolated the culprit, then we can try and figure out how to
resolve it. It may be as simple as leaving that one unchecked. Nothing in
the startup group is essential to normal system operations, but I don't
recommend leaving AV and firewalls disabled.

--

> When loading up before you try and select any programs. I do have some
> programs that automatically load as you sign on such as messenger, modem
> boost etc
>
> --
> Karen I E Crossley
>> Hi Karen,
>>
>> When does this happen? When starting up? Or when starting a particular
>> program?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>>> The heading bar states RUN.DLL and the explanation states 'error loading
>>> C: (file path name) and says the specified model could not be found'.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Karen I E Crossley
>>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message

The problem seems to be in the start up group a file called Newdot~1, the
description is Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/run

--
Karen I E Crossley
> Hi Karen,
>
> Ok, then you need to troubleshoot and find which application is causing
> the problem. Click start/run and type msconfig. On the general tab click
> selective startup. Uncheck the line to load the startup group. Click
> apply/ok and reboot. If it still occurs, then the problem is in the system
> services. If not, then it is in the startup group (which is where I
> suspect you will find it).
>
> After rebooting, if it does not occur, reopen msconfig and recheck the
> startup group. Then go to the startup tab and uncheck half the entries
> (doesn't matter which half). Click apply/ok and reboot. Does it occur now?
> If so, then the problem is in one of the lines you left checked, if not
> then it is in one of the unchecked lines. Use this pattern to isolate
> which one is causing it.
>
> If you have determined that it is in the system services, go to that tab
> and check the line to hide all Microsoft services. Uncheck the remaining
> ones, click apply/ok and reboot. See if it goes away. Use the same pattern
> to isolate the problem. If you have reason to believe that it is one of
> the Microsoft services, then post back here before proceeding (disabling
> some of these can render the system unbootable).
>
> Once you have isolated the culprit, then we can try and figure out how to
> resolve it. It may be as simple as leaving that one unchecked. Nothing in
> the startup group is essential to normal system operations, but I don't
> recommend leaving AV and firewalls disabled.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>> When loading up before you try and select any programs. I do have some
>> programs that automatically load as you sign on such as messenger, modem
>> boost etc
>>
>> --
>> Karen I E Crossley
>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi Karen,
>>>
>>> When does this happen? When starting up? Or when starting a particular
>>> program?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message

Hi Karen,

I'm not surprised that it's the problem. Control Panel/Add & Remove,
uninstall newdotnet. See this link for full removal steps:

http://www.newdotnet.com/#remove

It is an add-on program that you likely installed as a bundled part of some
other freeware/shareware you downloaded. It is unnecessary for normal system
operations.

--

> The problem seems to be in the start up group a file called Newdot~1, the
> description is Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/run
>
> --
> Karen I E Crossley
>> Hi Karen,
>>
>> Ok, then you need to troubleshoot and find which application is causing
>> the problem. Click start/run and type msconfig. On the general tab click
>> selective startup. Uncheck the line to load the startup group. Click
>> apply/ok and reboot. If it still occurs, then the problem is in the
>> system services. If not, then it is in the startup group (which is where
>> I suspect you will find it).
>>
>> After rebooting, if it does not occur, reopen msconfig and recheck the
>> startup group. Then go to the startup tab and uncheck half the entries
>> (doesn't matter which half). Click apply/ok and reboot. Does it occur
>> now? If so, then the problem is in one of the lines you left checked, if
>> not then it is in one of the unchecked lines. Use this pattern to isolate
>> which one is causing it.
>>
>> If you have determined that it is in the system services, go to that tab
>> and check the line to hide all Microsoft services. Uncheck the remaining
>> ones, click apply/ok and reboot. See if it goes away. Use the same
>> pattern to isolate the problem. If you have reason to believe that it is
>> one of the Microsoft services, then post back here before proceeding
>> (disabling some of these can render the system unbootable).
>>
>> Once you have isolated the culprit, then we can try and figure out how to
>> resolve it. It may be as simple as leaving that one unchecked. Nothing in
>> the startup group is essential to normal system operations, but I don't
>> recommend leaving AV and firewalls disabled.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>>> When loading up before you try and select any programs. I do have some
>>> programs that automatically load as you sign on such as messenger, modem
>>> boost etc
>>>
>>> --
>>> Karen I E Crossley
>>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message

<lol> I hope your reply doesn't wake up our little Newdotnet guy again,
he hasn't been around for awhile <g>
Joan

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:
> Hi Karen,

> http://www.newdotnet.com/#remove
>
> It is an add-on program that you likely installed as a bundled part of some
> other freeware/shareware you downloaded. It is unnecessary for normal system
> operations.

Sorry to be a pain, but there's no programme there with that name. Any
ideas how I find out what it was installed with. If I ask anyone if they
have installed anything lately they will all claim no.

--
Karen I E Crossley
> Hi Karen,
>
> I'm not surprised that it's the problem. Control Panel/Add & Remove,
> uninstall newdotnet. See this link for full removal steps:
>
> http://www.newdotnet.com/#remove
>
> It is an add-on program that you likely installed as a bundled part of
> some other freeware/shareware you downloaded. It is unnecessary for normal
> system operations.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message
>> The problem seems to be in the start up group a file called Newdot~1, the
>> description is Software/Microsoft/Windows/Currentversion/run
>>
>> --
>> Karen I E Crossley
>> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi Karen,
>>>
>>> Ok, then you need to troubleshoot and find which application is causing
>>> the problem. Click start/run and type msconfig. On the general tab click
>>> selective startup. Uncheck the line to load the startup group. Click
>>> apply/ok and reboot. If it still occurs, then the problem is in the
>>> system services. If not, then it is in the startup group (which is where
>>> I suspect you will find it).
>>>
>>> After rebooting, if it does not occur, reopen msconfig and recheck the
>>> startup group. Then go to the startup tab and uncheck half the entries
>>> (doesn't matter which half). Click apply/ok and reboot. Does it occur
>>> now? If so, then the problem is in one of the lines you left checked, if
>>> not then it is in one of the unchecked lines. Use this pattern to
>>> isolate which one is causing it.
>>>
>>> If you have determined that it is in the system services, go to that tab
>>> and check the line to hide all Microsoft services. Uncheck the remaining
>>> ones, click apply/ok and reboot. See if it goes away. Use the same
>>> pattern to isolate the problem. If you have reason to believe that it is
>>> one of the Microsoft services, then post back here before proceeding
>>> (disabling some of these can render the system unbootable).
>>>
>>> Once you have isolated the culprit, then we can try and figure out how
>>> to resolve it. It may be as simple as leaving that one unchecked.
>>> Nothing in the startup group is essential to normal system operations,
>>> but I don't recommend leaving AV and firewalls disabled.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
>>> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>>
>>> "Karen Crossley" <KarenIECrossley@AOL.com> wrote in message

Hi Karen,

Follow the steps here to download the manual uninstaller:
http://www.newdotnet.com/removal.html