run memory at default speed on a higher voltage?

tantrumz

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Hi, im new in this forum and in need of your expert opinion on this.
When i first built my comp i started w/ 2x512 mb of 667mhz mem, a few months ago i bought 2 gigs of 800mhz mem, since i am running 32bit vista i decided to use it all and have a stable(memtest, orthos, prime 95) overclock at 3.2ghz but my 800mhz mem is running at 2.0v now stock is 1.8v for both 667 & 800.
not really a problem i guess coz its stable im just concerned about its long term effect if any on my memory. :?:
thanks.

Hi, im new in this forum and in need of your expert opinion on this.
When i first built my comp i started w/ 2x512 mb of 667mhz mem, a few months ago i bought 2 gigs of 800mhz mem, since i am running 32bit vista i decided to use it all and have a stable(memtest, orthos, prime 95) overclock at 3.2ghz but my 800mhz mem is running at 2.0v now stock is 1.8v for both 667 & 800.
not really a problem i guess coz its stable im just concerned about its long term effect if any on my memory. :?:
thanks.

You didn't mention the RAM mfg., but 2.0v should be fiine. If you overvolt to 2.2 and above, heat may become an issue. In addition, if you overvolt heavily and leave your computer running for weeks and months at a time, you could damage the RAM. As far as using PC6400 and PC5300 together, the system will default to the lower of those two for all DIMMS.

tantrumz

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
thanks badge, im using a local brand here(S. Korea) Digiworks, ive an ocz mem fan blower, you seem to be an experienced overclocker judging on some of your posts that ive read so i think it should be fine.
I have an E6400 oc'd to 3.2ghz haywood and 2.0v is where my 667mhz mem runs stable. Thanks anyway.

TRENDING THREADS