[SOLVED] Run windows 10 from a pen drive

mpadhu

Distinguished
May 31, 2014
Hi,

I have a 64 GB pendrive and I would like to run the Windows 10 from this 64 GB pen drive. I tried EaseUs Todo Backup tool but it says 'insufficient storage' as it is trying to clone the whole C drive of 150GB to this 64 GB pen drive.
Any other way to run and use Windows 10 from a pen drive?

Solution
You could use either WinToUSB or Rufus to create a Windows To Go on a USB drive.
An ISO like the one you use when creating a bootable OS drive will be required.
On Rufus click the dropdown menu and choose Windows To Go instead of standard installation.
Select the boot sector info (I have used MBR + UEFI)

On WinToUSB select a Windows image file (these are supported:.iso, .wim, .esd, .swm) and follow with the prompts.

There are some features that are only available on the paid version of these apps.
You could use either WinToUSB or Rufus to create a Windows To Go on a USB drive.
An ISO like the one you use when creating a bootable OS drive will be required.
On Rufus click the dropdown menu and choose Windows To Go instead of standard installation.
Select the boot sector info (I have used MBR + UEFI)

On WinToUSB select a Windows image file (these are supported:.iso, .wim, .esd, .swm) and follow with the prompts.

There are some features that are only available on the paid version of these apps.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Can it be done? Yes.
It would need a fresh install, not trying to clone 150GB into a 64GB drive. That, obviously, will never work.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6475-wintousb.html

But why? What are you needing this USB for?

TRENDING THREADS