Question Rundll32.exe*32 consuming 100% of CPU

Neuntoter

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Hi,

I have this very weird issue with a random rundll32.exe*32 process appearing every time i launch World Of Warcraft classic client. The file path points to SYSWOW64 folder.

It consumes 100% of my available CPU capacity, increasing the usage of other open applications and consuming the rest by itself. For example, if i have Chrome and Spotify open, which normally take a 1% or so, their usage jumps to 30% per app and the rundll itself consumes the remaining rest. Obivously this heats my CPU dangerously.

This happens only when i launch the WoW client - none of the other games i play do this!

This first appeared few days ago, and without being able to find a solution i formatted my computer but on the problem has persisted on the fresh installation.

I have tried two different WoW classic clients and they both do the same.

The Rundll can be executed when the game is already running which causes all the usages of the apps to return to normal and my CPU overall usage to reuturn to 10-20% and WoW to run smoothly.

I know that available windows updates can cause RAM/CPU anomalies but i have isnstalled all important updates available.

Any ideas of how this can be solved?

Thanks!

Windows 7 64bit
1080Ti
I7 4790k
2x4gb HyperX DDR3 RAM
Asus Z97A Mobo

Last edited:

Neuntoter

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
stick with 1 thread
Hi,

I have this very weird issue with a random rundll32.exe*32 process appearing every time i launch World Of Warcraft classic client. The file path points to SYSWOW64 folder.

It consumes 100% of my available CPU capacity, increasing the usage of other open applications and consuming the rest by itself. For example, if i have Chrome and Spotify open, which normally take a 1% or so, their usage jumps to 30% per app and the rundll itself consumes the remaining rest. Obivously this heats my CPU dangerously.

This happens only when i launch the WoW client - none of the other games i play do this!

This first appeared few days ago, and without being able to find a solution i formatted my computer but on the problem has persisted on the fresh installation.

I have tried two different WoW classic clients and they both do the same.

The Rundll can be executed when the game is already running which causes all the usages of the apps to return to normal and my CPU overall usage to reuturn to 10-20% and WoW to run smoothly.

I know that available windows updates can cause RAM/CPU anomalies but i have isnstalled all important updates available.

Any ideas of how this can be solved?

Thanks!

Windows 7 64bit
1080Ti
I7 4790k
2x4gb HyperX DDR3 RAM
Asus Z97A Mobo