[SOLVED] RuneScape Client crashing for over a year ?

Apr 18, 2021
Hi All,

I’ve been experiencing client crashes for well over a year now and I don’t know how much more I can do. RuneScape is the only game I have issues with.

Specs: Win 10 Pro 19042 8Gb Ram AMD Ryzen 3 1200 quad core 3500Mhz

My last support ticket was closed by Jagex back in May 2020 with the request to submit a bug report. The only way I can get it to run without crashing is on compatibility mode where I get a solid 3-5 FPS. Here are some of the steps I have taken (even since then):

Reinstalled client
Reinstalled client on Different SSD
Reinstalled client of Different HDD
Cleared and are downloaded Cache
Updated to the latest driver
Set power settings in nvidia control panel
Ran all Windows updates
Rolled back to drivers from 2012/2016/2020
Recreated Windows Profile
Reinstalled OS
Reinstalled OS on Different SSD
Reinstalled OS on Different HDD
Reseated RAM
Reseated Graphics Card (GTX1050)
Replaced Graphics Card (GTX 680)
Swapped over RAM (2 x 4gb)
Removed RAM (Single 4gb)
Replaced with other RAM (Single 4gb)
Replaced with other RAM (Single 8gb)
Issue persists with Steam Client
Issue persists with MIN settings

I don’t know where to go next, it’s always the same OpenGL error/ 0xc0000409 and always when teleporting/busy area/PVM areas (Rax consistently gets me) - the most frustrating thing is that it doesn’t crash on my crappy work laptop which it barely runs it at 15fps on low.

Has anyone managed to get past this or got any tips?

Solution
Did you install or update your motherbd drivers?
Sometimes W10 updates require the stuff on your motherbd to update it's firmware which is done thru the drivers. For example. My motherbd's extra usb3 controller stopped working because it's firmware isn't compatible with the latest version of Windows. I just haven't taken the time to do that yet.

popatim

Titan
Did you install or update your motherbd drivers?
Sometimes W10 updates require the stuff on your motherbd to update it's firmware which is done thru the drivers. For example. My motherbd's extra usb3 controller stopped working because it's firmware isn't compatible with the latest version of Windows. I just haven't taken the time to do that yet.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS