Runic CEO Says Torchlight 2 Offers More Than Diablo 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]I hate oversized bugs in games!!! And animals too. It's stupid! Couldn't developer give us just more monsters?[/citation]
Feel free to make a mod that does exactly that. :)

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I still need to place my pre-order of this game and preload it, it is probably going to be the only game I buy at full price in the next few years. Everything else I wait for the GOTY edition and when it is on sale, Torchlight 2, no need there is the excelent modding community behind it and I love the price they have it for. Runic can take my money on this one I buy it at full retail price instead of waiting for a sale they certainly earned it after the original Torchlight.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mousseng[/nom]Feel free to make a mod that does exactly that.[/citation]

:) Making games and playing games is not the same kind of fun. ;)

G

lol as if torchlight 2 can be worse then diablo 3.... i dont think we will get another failure like that for a while...

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]sfg34d[/nom]lol as if torchlight 2 can be worse then diablo 3.... i dont think we will get another failure like that for a while...[/citation]

the real question comes in at will torchlight 2 be better than diablo 2, and titan quest.

samoanbiscuit

Honorable
May 19, 2012
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]The CEO of a company claiming their product is better than the competition, how unheard of![/citation]
A CEO that used to work at the competitor's company and has more insight into their competitors corporate culture and goals

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
I've been playing FTL: Faster than light and THAT is a better game than D3. I don't think Torchlight 2 will have any problems stealing D3's fire (or should I say fluorescent light?). There just isn't much fire to steal. D3 was simply not written for gamers. It was written for the financial pleasure of Activision.

bebangs

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
$20, single player no internet, online gaming, have LAN! all the things diablo 3 fans really wanted.

not a terrible RMAH driven game.

buying to support torchlight. hate you blizzard.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]I hate oversized bugs in games!!! And animals too. It's stupid! Couldn't developer give us just more monsters?[/citation]

I know what you mean and it isn't just this genre that suffers from it. I don't mind animals existing within a game but when your character is suppose to be someone who stands out and is superior to the average Joe in the game's world the common things within that world shouldn't be a threat.
Could you imagine the ancient a Greek hero that slayed terrible creatures and defied and fought demi-gods and gods alike only to succumb to a angry boar? It would be a terrible inconstancy to the story for the might hero to fold to a common earthly animal. Yet this is basically what video games attempt.

I get it, it's not a easy job to come up with enemies and go through the entire process to make even a single a type so these commons are just already done simpler fillers that don't take as much time to make as a original concept. But it really does get old fast.

nazgron

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Now Runic Games is following on the exact same way that made Blizzard success. While Blizzard took another way & been sliding down so fast rofl.

linford585

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
"I think that Diablo 3 focused a little more on super-polished mechanics and balance and look and art direction. They're on a Blizzard level. They're seriously good. But it's at the expense, a little bit, of the replayability,"

Runic games, offering both criticism, and credit where it's due.
Jay Wilson, and his "Fuck that loser," comment, cutting right to the chase...

I can see where the company's are a bit different...

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Yay looks like I got a 20 bill to blow very soon :) also @ Pherule, Id say TL2>PoH>D3 because of the fact that you can mod TL2 and F2P games always turn into P2W eventually just watch also require internet where TL2 does not.

crackseed

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
@ Pherule - PoE better then TL2 or D3? Not by a longshot IMO. TL2 may certainly supersede D3, but PoE is far behind both of those games in my book [and yes, I've played the beta enough] - the game has a long way to go before it's a serious threat to either of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.