[SOLVED] Running 1080p on 1440p can i downscale the game or do i need to downscale monitor to.

Jeff15490

Commendable
Mar 17, 2017
Okay i dont know why this is confusing me. But basically im using 165hzG-Sync 27Inch 1440p Monitor paired with a 9600k and a 1070ti i have them both overclocked so im trying to max my fps out on my games to hit 165hz. Now Obviousley 1070ti wont do 165 at 1440p. But the big question is what about the monitor. If i change the in-game resolution down to 1080p is that enough to recieve the performance boost? Or do i need to change both the monitors resoultion in nvidia settings and the in game resolution in order for it to run at 1080p?
Because i just keep thinking if the game is on 1080p it wont matter because the monitor resoultion is still running at 1440p?!??? Help get rid of my confusing wierd problems THANKS!

Solution
If you run game in fullscreen mode, then game resolution settings apply to monitor.
If you run game in windowed mode, then game resolution settings apply to game window only.

Either way - it's enough to set resolution settings in game only and not worry about resolution settings in driver settings.
If you run game in fullscreen mode, then game resolution settings apply to monitor.
If you run game in windowed mode, then game resolution settings apply to game window only.

Either way - it's enough to set resolution settings in game only and not worry about resolution settings in driver settings.

Reactions: Jeff15490
Solution

TRENDING THREADS