Running 2 gpus

theodoreoei

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017
I have a PC that im going to upgrade, nbud i dont want to throw away the GPU thats in the pc... is there anyway I can buy a new gpu but still keep the old one working in my pc just to boost my new GPU?

Solution

First of all, your new motherboard must support 2 or more than 2 gpu ( means it should have 2 slots available) . It is known as crossfire (for amd) and SLI ( for nvidia cards)
Secondly, The two gpu's must be of the same type. Means for example, nvidia gtx 1060 6gb can crossfire with nvidia gtx 1060 6gb. They can be of different brands like MSI,EVGA,etc. Also the gpu must support sli or crossfire.
Third, There should be enough power supply, and it should also support crossfire or sli.
Fourth,Cooling is also very important, if you do...

samyakjain222

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017

First of all, your new motherboard must support 2 or more than 2 gpu ( means it should have 2 slots available) . It is known as crossfire (for amd) and SLI ( for nvidia cards)
Secondly, The two gpu's must be of the same type. Means for example, nvidia gtx 1060 6gb can crossfire with nvidia gtx 1060 6gb. They can be of different brands like MSI,EVGA,etc. Also the gpu must support sli or crossfire.
Third, There should be enough power supply, and it should also support crossfire or sli.
Fourth,Cooling is also very important, if you do not want to roast your system.
If all these requirements are fulfilled, then you can use 2 GPU's

Solution