Running 2 monitors off iGPU and 1 monitor off dGPU

Santa Clauz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Hey guys,

So i've been trying to get 2 of my monitors to run on my integrated gpu while i have my third running on my dedicated gpu, The reason for this is so i can use the third monitor for gaming (It's a 144hz @1440p) and the two side monitors for search engine and youtube, While keeping the best performance possible by off-routing my other two monitors to the iGPU. Now the issue i keep running into is that when i enable multi-monitor iGPU in the bios and plug my two side monitors into my motherboard, they are recognized as only one and will mirror eachother.

CPU: Intel 8600k
GPU: Asus strix GTX 1080
RAM: 16gb 3200mhz
Motherboard: Asus strix z370-e

Dugimodo

Distinguished
Check the manual, the mb and cpu both support 3 displays but it's possible two of the outputs are shared.
What I mean is for example maybe the HDMI & DVI-D ports are actually the same output and you have to use display port to get another monitor working. Just a guess, could be totally wrong.

I assume also that you only see one monitor in the display properties and it's not just because the displays are set to mirror each other instead of extending the desktop.

Santa Clauz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Hey, it does work fine while doing this, but i do not want to mix refresh rates on the dGPU as it stutters my gaming monitor, and also takes a bit of load to power the other monitor.

Santa Clauz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

It's not so much the load it puts on the gpu as much as mixing refresh rates tends to stutter the higher refresh rate monitor while running windows 8/10

Santa Clauz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013

Sadly i notice quite a bit of difference between three monitors and just the one, its a bug with windows aero that cannot be fixed by disabling aero, since the refresh rates are different the 60hz monitors make the 144hz very choppy.