Running 3 monitors from 2 ports, possible?

Governa

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
I would like to know if it's possible to run 3 monitors with my setup.

I have 3x Dell 2001FP monitors, each with one DVI + one VGA port.
My graphics card is a Radeon HD 7570 with one HDMI + one VGA port.

If relevant the computer does have onboard graphics disabled in the BIOS. That one carries one HDMI + one VGA. I have never used it (has rubber covers blocking the corresponding ports) but I wonder if it could be made to work in parallel with the Radeon to drive 3 monitors. If not, can I use a splitter to get the 3rd monitor hooked to the Radeon?

kanewolf

Titan
You can't hook up a third independent display if you only have two outputs. Using the motherboard video will depend on which motherboard, and CPU you have. Even if you have the hardware, you have to have BIOS support for simultaneous use. Some BIOS will automatically disable the onboard video when a graphics card is installed.

Governa

Reputable
Mar 30, 2015
Yes that seems to be the case, the BIOS prevents both from running at the same time.

Would buying a cheap Radeon and crossfire it do the trick? As far as I can tell my 7570 supports Crossfire.

EDIT: I've found conflicting information where some state the 7570 supports Crossfire and some say no. What would be a way to check it?

kanewolf

Titan

This thread says that it supports crossfire. I have no personal experience.