[SOLVED] Running 3 Sticks of RAM in Dual Channel

Wabaoxr

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2016
I bought a 2x8gb set and now I have an extra 8gb stick.

I put the new set into the recommended dual channel RAM slots and CPU-Z says it's running dual channels now.

When I add my third stick into a remaining slot, it shows the correct 24gb and CPU-Z still says I'm running dual channel. Is there other ways to check if this is correct or is CPU-Z giving me the right information?

2x8: HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz
1x8: Crucal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 MHz
MOBO: Strix z270e Gaming

Last edited:
Solution
My HP 8760w does that too. I added an 8gb module from a 16gb kit I got to test the modules one at a time, expecting the right amount of ram but for it to tell me it was running single-channel. But sure enough, it said dual channel. After researching this it seems some systems are smart enough to run the dual channel dual and only go to single channel when necessary.
My HP 8760w does that too. I added an 8gb module from a 16gb kit I got to test the modules one at a time, expecting the right amount of ram but for it to tell me it was running single-channel. But sure enough, it said dual channel. After researching this it seems some systems are smart enough to run the dual channel dual and only go to single channel when necessary.

Solution