[SOLVED] Running 4 dimms on xmp unstable?

Jan 19, 2021
So I’m prepping for a new build.
I’ve been reading some things about possible stability issues/BSODs running 4 sticks at full speed with xmp.
Ram I’m looking at getting is Corsair dom rgb 32gb 4x8 3600mhz. I’ve heard at a lot that 3600 is the “sweet spot” for ryzen 5000(waiting on my 5950) I’ve read the motherboard(dark hero) qvl and it says that ram sku is compatible. Should I tread lightly using xmp? Should I manually dial the speeds back a tad from 3600?

Solution
I’ve been reading some things about possible stability issues/BSODs running 4 sticks at full speed with xmp.
Ram I’m looking at getting is Corsair dom rgb 32gb 4x8 3600mhz. I’ve heard at a lot that 3600 is the “sweet spot” for ryzen 5000(waiting on my 5950) I’ve read the motherboard(dark hero) qvl and it says that ram sku is compatible. Should I tread lightly using xmp? Should I manually dial the speeds back a tad from 3600?
Yes 4 sticks might be a problem.
Give some thought to 2x16GB..........might give more wiggle room.
Then you can play with xmp.
Yes 4 sticks might be a problem.
Give some thought to 2x16GB..........might give more wiggle room.
Then you can play with xmp.

Solution