[SOLVED] Running a 1440p 144hz monitor with HDR & G-sync using DisplayPort Cable over a long distance of 20 Meter (65 feet) possible ?

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015
So due to reasons that i have 12 rescued dogs that i have adopted over time that i cant keep my PC in my room unless i want to find it chewed up when i'm not there and them playing with my PC instead of me playing games on it, So i have to keep it downstairs in the hall on a cabinet next to the sofa's and it makes for an excellent show piece with all the RGB

And for now i connect to it wirelessly to my minitor using a raspberry pi to remote stream my pc which has a dummy hdmi plug connected on the gpu ,its all fine but the raspberry pi is limited to 60hz at 1440p and obviosly it cant use G-sync nor HDR for that matter

So whats a not so expensive but also a viable solution to connect it with a cable/cables natively to the pc while still maintaning 1440p 144hz with G-sync and that sweet HDR enabled over a distance of 20 meter (65 feet) in length

For now as far as i know G-sync only works with DisplayPort cable on the monitor and it has a HDMI port and a Display Port

Thanks

Solution
So whats a not so expensive but also a viable solution to connect it with a cable/cables natively to the pc while still maintaning 1440p 144hz with G-sync and that sweet HDR enabled over a distance of 20 meter (65 feet) in length
there is no "not so expensive" route to take for this situation.
you will need a very high quality cable for this bandwidth at this distance and those will not be cheap.

using an extension(female > male) or cable adapters will usually result in much lower bandwidth even if all pieces claim they are full speed.
there's a good chance you will end up with only 60Hz possible with this type of setup and HDR enabled.
using a single higher quality cable is the only route i would bother with.

you can always...
you will need a very high quality cable for this bandwidth at this distance and those will not be cheap.

using an extension(female > male) or cable adapters will usually result in much lower bandwidth even if all pieces claim they are full speed.
there's a good chance you will end up with only 60Hz possible with this type of setup and HDR enabled.

you can always spend a bit of time purchasing and trying cheaper methods like a second extension cable or multiples with an adapter between them and returning those that don't work,
but i've been through it and seen many others attempt it and end up just disappointed.

Last edited:
Solution

Led zeppelin blues

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2015

you can always spend a bit of time purchasing and trying cheaper methods like a second extension cable or multiples with an adapter between them and returning those that don't work,
but i've been through it and seen many others attempt it and end up just disappointed.
Thanks ,since it has a high rate of not working and might need fiddling with multiple cables and even that too might not yield satisfactory results, so I think what I'll do is get a second monitor and hook it up to my pc in the hall
And also get a used second hand laptop and use my main monitor on it ,since streaming on my network is absolutely not a issue and 1440p 144hz using hdr and g-sync would work with less fiddle I guess while streaming
Obviously a more expensive route or same since I don't know how much those high end cables cost but I'll weigh in my options since that'll be close to native atleast
And thanks for your advise