Question Running a SSD and HDD

philippalatham

Prominent
Sep 20, 2018
I added a new SSD WD Blue 1TB in to my desktop computer which already has a WD Blue 1 TB HDD and a 120 Gb SSD WD Green for the boot, I have a MSI B350 Mortar mother board and Ryzen 5 CPU 2600 Hyper x fury RAM x 2 8 gb DDR4. I first had problems seeing the new SSD in the disk management although it showed in the BIOS. I then installed some partition software which enabled me to see the SSD and create a partition giving it the letter E: but the existing HDD then had problems after rebooting the PC my HDD is not seen in file explorer and in Disk management it is unallocated and all options are greyed out so cannot get to new simple volume option or create a partition. When try to initialize disk it comes up with Storage space internal error occurred. Am I able to run the HDD with the SSD I wanted to use this for storage and the SSD for gaming. Any help would be appreciated as I am now running everything from the SSD and the HDD is not usable.

philippalatham

Prominent
Sep 20, 2018
I have tried your suggestion but when I right click on not initialize, The only options I get is offline, properties and help. Initialize disk is greyed out. When I go in to manage storage spaces I have taken a screenshot of what I get. https://ibb.co/KzLnN8v

Last edited by a moderator: