Running Crossfire on B350 Tomahawk

damianb1925

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
Hi all.

So short story, my mom had bough me another GPU for my birthday, it was another RX 570 4gb card. So I had followed the followed the normal procedure of removing all software for the first card and then installing the second card, I had booted up my pc and checked in device manager if bother cards where being seen, they were. I had then moved onto downloading AMD Adrenalin software for the graphics cards and and restarted me pc and all and then when booting back up and opening Adrenalin there was no crossfire option to have both cards run. On my MSI box and on MSI's website, it states that the B350 Tomahawk supports Crossfire, but I would like to find someone that is capable of helping me.

I am fully aware that Crossfire and SLI ain't the greatest things in the world, and that I shouldn't expect double the performance. All I would like though is for my parents money not to go to waste by this GPU not getting used.

Thank you.

damianb1925

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
Gave it a shot, but it wouldn't even allow me to enter into global settings to activate crossfire. I will try it again and see if there is a different result but currently still stuck. But thanks Clutchc for the assistance

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

What CPU are you using?

damianb1925

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017

damianb1925

Reputable
Oct 15, 2017
The two cards I am running is the
1:MSI RX 570 GAMING X 4GB
2:Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4GB
(From what I know brand doesn't matter but I am not 100% sure)
The rest of my systems specs are
Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk (latest BIOS installed)
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB 2400mhz)
Cooler: Antec Mercury 360
Storage: 240GB SSD
: 1TB HDD and a 2TB HDD
Power supply: Antec 750W
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

The best way is to plug one GPU, install drivers for it, and check if its working.
Then unplug first then plug second GPU, do again same thing.
Now you plug the second GPU and check if they get recognized in Device manager both. (if you have done this way, ignore me)
This worked with my 2xR7 250's.

Other way is to install drivers for 1st GPU only, check if its working, shutdown and plug second GPU.
Then going into device manager and installing manually if the GPU drivers is missing.

Also i would recommend to disable automatic driver installation in windows, cause that can mess up sometimes (you can re enable it if still doesnt work).
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10