Running Driver Verifier causes BSOD, can someone read the .dmp files and help me figure this out?

Matthew_119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I've struggled to get to this point, but I think I narrowed it down.

The BSOD is intermittent, it happens 4 or 5 times a month. It's been happening for about a year. Usually I just restart the PC and move on with my life, but I finally got sick of it and here I am. I couldn't be certain when the change happened, because I put all my parts into this PC at the same exact time. So I couldn't narrow it down by saying, ''Well the BSOD happened when I put this part in! Ah ha!''

I had it down to two things, either hardware failure or drivers. I spent hours using memtest86+ to narrow out the ram, then a few more hours scanning the hdd for errors, then a few more hunting down and upgrading every single driver and making sure it was all up to date. Cleaning installing half a dozen times to try different things. It's been a really long few days, but I think I figured it out as best I could. I ran Driver Verifier early on and it crashed my PC with a BSOD QUICK. So I was pretty confident it was a driver issue. But I wanted to narrow down hardware just in case so if anyone asked, I could honestly say I had tested everything.

Can someone take a few minutes and look at these .dmp files for me and let me know what course of action I can take to fix this for good? You don't even know how grateful I would be for just a tiny bit of help to get this over with, I might cry with relief lol. Kidding about the crying, but I would be immensely grateful for a few minutes of someone's time to help me fix this.

I'm not sure what information you need exactly, but I'll be happy to explain anything I did and the exact process of troubleshooting I went through.

mini dump files zipped and uploaded to Drop Box,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhe7qtk3apw0x7y/Mini%20Dump%20files.zip?dl=0

Colif

Win 11 Master
The program people use to read dumps isn't very consistent since the last build of win 10, it can't always read the dumps. Since you ran driver verifer it should mention the file name of driver that caused crash so if you download the next program, it will be able to read them for you and create a summary

Can you download and run who crashed - it will give us a glimpse of the errors you getting and might help us solve them

Copy/paste summary in here and I see what I can do :)

Matthew_119

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016

Thank you so much. While I was waiting, I narrowed it down to the NVIDIA Networking Driver which is a relief. Because your software that you suggested suggests that's what it may be too. But I'm not sure where to go from here.

System Information (local)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer name: DESKTOP-1KSU9UU
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 15063
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: NY799AA-ABA p6243w, HP-Pavilion, PEGATRON CORPORATION, NARRA5
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Phenom(tm) 9850 Quad-Core Processor AMD586, level: 16
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8588349440 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 5/29/2017 1:25:50 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvmf6264.sys (0xFFFFF80F823901F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2004, 0xFFFF8D85136A0068, 0xFFFFF80F823901F0, 0xFFFFD781717C51E8)
Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvmf6264.sys
product: NVIDIA Networking Driver
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA MCP Networking Function Driver.
Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvmf6264.sys (NVIDIA MCP Networking Function Driver., NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Colif

Win 11 Master
finding windows 10 drivers for a 8 year old computer isn't going to happen. Your PC doesn't even have win 8 drivers that may have worked - https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6200-desktop-pc-series/3999459/model/4011193

I mean, you can try here but I would be surprised - http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Its not a hardware fault, its a software deficiency. there aren't going to be win 10 drivers for the Nvidia hardware, its not supported by Nvidia anymore so they didn't make win 10 drivers.

the problem is age of hardware, while windows happily runs on it for most part, the hardware makers stopped making drivers. The only fix is save up for a new PC, and put up with the error . Sorry I can't help more.