Question Running DS Solidworks on MAC

navodit14

Reputable
May 20, 2018
Hi everyone!

Macbooks are known for their extraordinary performance in 'designing softwares'.
I'm a professional Solidworks user. Unfortunately, Solidworks is not available for MacOS. But recently I found out that Windows 10 can be installed on a macbook (Boot Camp Assistant).
So, my question is - will I get the same performance if I install Solidworks on Windows 10 on macbook.

Thanks in advance.

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
So, my question is - will I get the same performance if I install Solidworks on Windows 10 on macbook.
I can't answer the Solidwork question but I have used Windows 10 on Macbook, I can say that it work pretty well.

I believe that Solidwork should work fine if it can be installed.

navodit14

Reputable
May 20, 2018
I can't answer the Solidwork question but I have used Windows 10 on Macbook, I can say that it work pretty well.

I believe that Solidwork should work fine if it can be installed.
Was there a performance drop in windows 10 (even if it's minor) as compared to other laptops (which are designed to use windows primarily)

lvt

Commendable
Apr 19, 2021
Was there a performance drop in windows 10 (even if it's minor) as compared to other laptops (which are designed to use windows primarily)
I don't think that there is a significant loss of performance because Windows 10 is pretty light compared to the recent MacOS versions.

You probably won't realize that you're using Windows on a Mac if you aren't told so and you don't see the keyboard layout that is a bit different.

Many people even say that Bootcamp is the best thing ever happened to Apple 😂

Hi everyone!

Macbooks are known for their extraordinary performance in 'designing softwares'.
I'm a professional Solidworks user. Unfortunately, Solidworks is not available for MacOS. But recently I found out that Windows 10 can be installed on a macbook (Boot Camp Assistant).

Thanks in advance.
I wouldn’t unless you’re not doing anything fancy. Maybe try running it in parallels first?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Macbooks 3
J Macbooks 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY