running dual gt 730?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puntotnoor

Prominent
May 11, 2017
i'm using a gt 730. and have another gt 730 on my other pc. i was thining to instaal both gt 730 at 1 pc, is it possible to do that? will i get more performance? i'm using 1 monitor

WildCard999

Titan

It's pretty minimal as I've tested this myself using a 780/750 ti on the Borderlands/Batman series. The FPS increase was about 5-7 FPS but the additional heat and power consumption really isn't worth it. The only other use would be for additional monitors if the connections on the original card isn't enough.

budgetgamer12345

Respectable
Sep 8, 2017
The GT series don't support SLI.
Also you need 2 pcie slots.
And you won't see a performance increase because EVEN if this magic happend and worked it won't double your VRAM and wont make your GPU's faster.
And last not ALL games support SLI, you can get some fps drop or lag or lower framerates than using 1 card.

Jan 5, 2022
You could, assign physx work to the 2nd GT730 and get a performance boost, how much depends on the game.
Hello, I know I'm a little late to the party, but budget's pretty tight (as you can see in the username lol), and getting GTX series GPUs is pretty much impossible at the moment for me. I have two GT 730s (like the OP.) How can I actually get them both to work together..? I'm aware they're not SLI compatible, and it probably isn't such a great performance boost and whatnot, I'm aware of it all, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I know a thing or two (because I've done a thing or two.) but it'd still be nice if there was a general walkthrough for the process, much appreciated mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.